Search

Second attempt at itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2017, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Second attempt at itinerary

Hi All

I have put together this second itinerary and interested in your thoughts and ideas for day trips, or any other information you think is relevant. We wii be in Paris 6 nights and Lyon 4 nights. Dates of the trip are arriving in Paris April 20. and Depart London June 5. All travel will be done by train in France and Spain and we will fly to London. We like to stay in a place at least four days minimum. Bilbao and Madrid will be the exception with two and three nights.

San Sebastián 6 nights
Bilbao 2 nights
Leon 5 nights with a day trip to Astorga
Burgos 4 nights
Zaragoza 4 nights
Salamanca 6 nights
Madrid 3 nights
London 5 nights then fly to Sydney.

Thank you in advance
Old Oct 28th, 2017, 04:59 PM

I would spend 4 or 5 nights in Madrid. Can you take a night from SS and a night from Salamanca and add them to Madrid?
Old Oct 28th, 2017, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

KarenWoo. Sorry I should have said we spent seven days in Madrid in May this year. I should also have said we have been to Barcelona Cordoba Granada and Seville( my favourite and want to move there).
Old Oct 28th, 2017, 06:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tat seems a long time for Leon and Burgos. Are you doing day trips from there?
Old Oct 28th, 2017, 06:55 PM
Original Poster

Thursdaysd yes the plan was to take a couple of day trips from Leon.to Gijon and Astorga. I havent researched thoroughly yet day trips from Burgos. I also should have said the Spain part isn’t set in stone as in nothing is booked.
Old Oct 28th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

I’m also wondering if I cut a day off SS and Salamanca and stay two nights in Segovia or Vitoria
Old Oct 28th, 2017, 07:47 PM
kja

This pace would be extremely relaxed -- I assume that's intentional?

I think it is worth cutting a day or two off San Sebastian and/or off Salamanca to add two nights in Segovia -- or even better, trim nights from San Sebastian, Salamanca, Leon, and perhaps Burgos to make time for Toledo -- a minimum of two nights there, 3 would be better, 4 would seem more consistent with your preferred pace.

Only 5 nights in London?
Old Oct 28th, 2017, 08:06 PM
Original Poster

kja. Yes only five nights London. We have been to London before and didn’t get to Westminster Cathedral. I think London is a place you could just keep on going back to. Trouble is for us Aussies everything seems incredibly expensive.

The pace is to be leisurely and will run the suggestions by DH and I bet he will say ‘whatever you decide is fine’ It’s not that he is not interested, he leaves the research to me, and as long as there are not too many Cathedrals he is happy enough. I haven’t the heart to tell him yet there is at least one in every place we are visiting. He then gets involved about a month before we leave, and puts everything in the gps or TripIt.

Thanks for all the responses as I am really grateful for the help.
Old Oct 28th, 2017, 08:36 PM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
I too would recommend cutting some nights from San Seb, Leon, Burgos, and Salamanca to spend a couple of nights each in Avila, Segovia and Toledo. I loved all the places you are going but think you too much time in some places.