Seattle to Paris

Oct 9th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

Seattle to Paris

I see Air France now offers a non-stop flight from SeaTac to CDG/Paris.

Anyone here tried it? General comments about Air France?

Thank you.
Oct 9th, 2007, 02:18 PM
mms

Suze--Yes, it just started this summer. Of course it was announced after we had tickets out of SFO So we didn't fly out of SEA, but we were on AF. It was fine. The food wasn't very good, which surprised me. But service was excellent. We had booked through Delta, and upon checkin AF had no record of us. I had my paperwork though and within a few minutes we were set. They were quite fast about it which surprised me. We had the same issue coming home , but again AF was great. Exit row seats both directions, and actually flying home we were upstairs which I really liked. Even with a full flight, the crew was great. Helpful and efficient, so that sure helped.
Oct 9th, 2007, 02:35 PM

It seems to be more expensive than some of the other ways to get from Seattle to Paris but a little shorter flight. Other flights take 13 hours and 45 minutes. The direct Air France flight is @9 hr 45 min. I just kayaked it and it was at least $139 more than United, or KLM.

The time savings and the lack of an intermediate stop may be worth it to you. I don't know about their service.
Oct 9th, 2007, 02:41 PM
mms

AisleSeat--That was our experience also (higher fares) but oh so worth it! When we flew, the difference was about what you stated, so not enough to make us consider a layover at all.
Oct 9th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Original Poster

Wow you guys are quick! Thanks so much for the input so far. Yes I am willing to pay a bit more for a non-stop, definitely. And the times seemed good (leaving 2pm arriving next morning).

Search this Thread