Search

Searches

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 10:22 AM
richard

Searches

I have tried every kind of way to do searches on this website, to no avail. Can someone point me in the right direction , please???? I have done complete exact phrases, part phrases, a couple of words, I have limited the subject to an single country, and never, not once, have I been successful w/a search. I keep having to scroll for ions................ HELPPPPPPP.

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 10:32 AM
Meg

Richard, what are you looking for?

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 10:37 AM
Rex

This forum has NO search engine that works in any predictable way. Join the crusade for improvement, starting with timestamps. Can anyone else here help you find what you are seeking? <BR> <BR>Postscript: If this forum had an easier way to locate and direct readers to a specific (previous) posting by a unique identifier (timestamp), it would not be necessary to top (and repeat) information so tediously. This is my new crusade, and I am thinking about adding this postscript (when applicable) to every new reply I make here. If you agree with me, then please write to Danny Mangin or David Downing - - [email protected] - - and encourage them to move forward with this improvement (and any others they have up their sleeves) to this best-on-the-web travel forum! <BR>

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 05:54 PM
Dena

Richard, I seem to do okay by entering just one or two words and leave it at general interest.

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 06:10 PM
X

Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Keep trying, or just give up and browse.

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 07:22 PM
StCirq

I just found this forum a few weeks ago, but I have never succeeded in making the search function work - I type in words and it just suspends me in cyberair until I give up. Never once have I succeeded in getting search results. Good luck.