Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Europe, Europe, Europe! Today in the wonderful nytimes.com - - Oporto, Vienna, Berlin, music festivals, Athens restaurants, Bayeux and Florence!

Search

Europe, Europe, Europe! Today in the wonderful nytimes.com - - Oporto, Vienna, Berlin, music festivals, Athens restaurants, Bayeux and Florence!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 09:39 AM
Rex

Man, this is a jackpot issue! <BR> <BR>With apologies to the Boston Globe, the Chicago Tribune, and the Los Angeles Times (all of which run a close second), this is clearly the best newspaper Sunday travel section - - maybe not EVERY week - - but year-round for "us" Euro-Fodorites! <BR> <BR>And for what it's worth, the Boston Globe went "nautical" this week - - a geographic hodgepodge which does include cruising the Baltic sea and France barging; the Trib covers Norway, an overview of festivals and the like across Europe, and an account of the two Eurostars (Channel tunnel, London to Paris and a not-very-glamorous account of Paris to Rome, especially the Trenitalia portion. Sounds like they like planes over trains much as I do. <BR> <BR>The LA times went a different direction this week: Hawaii. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 10:16 AM
xxx

Rex! Rex! <BR> <BR>Give us the URL!

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 12:42 PM
Rex

Uhhh - - the URL of nytimes.com? (I put this right in the nmessage header) - - that would be www.nytimes.com - - amazing, huh? click on travel (thr left hand side of your screen). <BR> <BR>The other three (this is really hard to remember - - I hope I get it right) are: <BR> <BR>www.bostonglobe.com <BR>www.chicagotribune.com <BR>www.latimes.com <BR> <BR>Impishly yours... <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 06:41 PM
xxx

Here's the URL for the London-Paris-Rome train experience <BR> <BR>http://cgi.chicago.tribune.com/trave...ope/trains.htm <BR> <BR>Rexster, I'm so glad I'm not married to you.

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 07:22 PM
Rex

Oh, probably, so am I. <BR>