Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Search Function not working - info on Poland ASAP please!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 06:34 PM
Liz

For some reason the fodors.com search function isn't working tonight so I apologize upfront if these ?s have been answered. I'm off on a last minute trip to Poland for six days. Anybody have any tips/tricks/places that are must sees and not bothers? Hotels (inexpensive, not American chains please), and restaurant recommendations are also welcomed. Thanks. I have already done research on frommers, the web, and lonely planet; I'm just looking for some (actually any) information from some folks here who may have visited this country. Thanks!

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 06:54 PM
Tom

Odd, I got back 50 threads in a jiffy from sort with an argument of "Poland". <BR> <BR>Perhaps you should try it again while you're waiting for a response or two on this thread?

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 07:00 PM
Christina

I was just going to say about the same thing and it's not much later. It's working for me. Just highlight the country Poland in the right box, leave the left box blank, then hit "find" to right. After a minute or so, it returned 50 threads all about Poland. That's not too bad, you can pretty much tell from the subjects which ones might be of interest to you. Give it a try.

Old Sep 9th, 2001, 10:30 PM
ldsant

I've tried this four times in the last two days and still am unable to get a response to the search function (BTW, I know how to use the search feature, thanks for the tip anyway). Is there anybody who has visited Poland and has any advice that is relevant? Thanks; I'd appreciate it since I'm leaving in five days (last minute opportunity). Also, please don't suggest that I continue trying the search function. I don't seem to have any problems with any other websites except this one. I'm using cable modem and MSN as my ISP. No response.

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 01:00 AM
Ben Haines

Search Function not working <BR> <BR>Hrmph, whatever's going on. Still, it's little effort for me to e-mail you now the fifty Poland titles that Fodors search engine gives us and won't give you. If any take your fancy you could either search for them by time and date or, if that fails, ask me to copy them to you by e-mail. <BR> <BR>Meanwhile, can you get into the Lonely Planet equivalent forum ? That's http://www.lonelyplanet.com, click on Thorn Tree, click on "East and Cental Europe", click on the little magnifying glass marked "search", and enter "Poland", then click. That gives you loads of notes by re cent travellers, mostly young, often backpacking, but with good open minds. <BR> <BR>Ben Haines, London

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 04:48 AM
Carol

Geeze, the woman is asking for info on Poland - NOT how to correct her "search" issues.

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 04:57 AM
Tom

The point is, dear Carol, that there are so few on here that have been to Poland that Liz has zero responses so far in two days. While it is possible she may get a response or two in the next few days, there are dozens more of messages that have already been posted containing info on Poland. <BR> <BR>If Liz cannot successfully search (and the fault appears not to be Fodors)then she can scroll. If Liz is truly interested in finding out what Fodors folk have had to say about Poland, every single post ever made, more or less, is available with just a bit of time. <BR> <BR>Boring? Yes. Will it be productive? Yes. <BR> <BR>Will browbeating Fodors participants? No. Neither you nor Liz can armtwist useful info from those who do not have the information. <BR> <BR>Rather than complain about us, Carol, perhaps you could help Liz?