Reload this Page >

Seaking Cotswold b+b

Search

Seaking Cotswold b+b

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 1998, 05:38 AM
Laura

Seaking Cotswold b+b

My husband and I have about 5 days to spend in and outside of London (been there!) en route to Turkey. We thought a visit to the Cotswolds might be nice. Anyone know of a really charming b+b or inn? Also, any restaurant/pub recommendations in the area? <BR>Thanks!

Old Jun 17th, 1998, 11:38 PM
raeona

We're just back from England, and the Cotswolds, where we discovered a delightful B&B (one of the nicest we've found in England!) in Stow on the Wold, in the Cotswolds. E-mail me if youd' like the specifics....will be glad to provide!

Old Jun 18th, 1998, 05:06 AM
Laura

Dear Raeona, <BR> <BR>Do tell! <BR> <BR>Laura

Old Jun 18th, 1998, 09:23 AM
Karen

In Great Rissington, The Lamb Inn, beautifully furnished, nice gardens, pub and restaurant, in a residential area...perfect for getting around the Cotswolds. Great Rissington is between Burford and Bourton on the Water. The phone is 0451-20388+necessary country codes. The Bell in Charlbury, Oxfordshire, not far from Oxford is also a marvelous small hotel with a terrific restaurant, higher in price than The Lamb. The Bell's phone is 0608-810278+ codes. We have stayed at each twice and would select both again, without hesitation.

Old Jun 19th, 1998, 11:52 AM
Marcia

There are tons of listings through the British tourist web site(s). I think there is at least one web site which has a ratings system courtesy of some government or quasi-government agency. They seem to square up with other guide books I have read. I actually have so many listings in hand for Salisbury/Wiltshire that I am having trouble making a decision! <BR> Sights to see are very close in that area. Cotswolds are pretty central, but if you get a recommendation in Bath or even between Bath and Salisbury (Wiltshire) you will be well positioned to the whole area from Stratford-Upon-Avon or even Oxford in the North, to almost the channel. <BR> Have fun