Seafood restaurant recommendations for Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone recommend a really good restaurant that specializes in seafood? The only one that seems to get lots of praise from the critics is Goumard. Any other suggestions? I'd be interested in everything from a bistro to a fancier restaurant.
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 05:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
It's been a long time but I loved La Marée and Prunier.
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 06:53 PM

Chalot I or Chalot II - I can't remember which is best but they're across from each other. Give em both a try.

Blackduff
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 07:32 PM

I have not been to Paris in about 4 years..so I am also asking, rather than recommending...but what about Le Dome near Bastille.....am I remembering this right and shall we put it on our lists?

And for high-end, Pierre Gagniere's Gaya???
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 07:36 PM

I was at gaya's last month but the menu was not all seafood
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 08:06 PM

Thanks.. Cigale..what was your impression of the place..?? I thought it had a seafood focus...do they feature seafood at all?? Very innovative??

Old Apr 6th, 2006, 09:48 PM

Try Bistrot du Dome on Rue Delambre, 14th arrondissement.

Gaya has been getting a lot of press since Gagnaire took it over. It was always a seafood restaurant, but now apparently reflects his unique style. Check eGullet.com for reviews and recommendations.
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 05:38 AM

Thanks to you both! Am I wrong in thinking that there is a good seafood place with "Dome" in the name that is near Bastille? As I said, I have not been there in 4 years or so but plan another trip in the fall so it is good to know.
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 05:40 AM

Bistro du dome Bastille, 2 rue de Bastille. an annex of the one in the 14th. Keep this on the list or no?
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 07:41 AM

What about le Petit Zinc? Is that a great place for seafood? I have always wanted to eat there, the place looks so beautiful.
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 07:54 AM

Chez NGo in the 16th (Asian/French). And Garnier, near the Gare St. Lazare is good and was recently renovated.
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 07:55 AM

cls2paris,
We've eaten at Le Petit Zinc a couple of times and enjoyed it both times It's a good memory for us too, as it was the first restaurant we ate at in Paris. The waiter was so kind and offered to take our photo.

Sandy
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 07:57 AM

well, MARY, petit zinc is lovely but seafood is not their main feature
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 08:01 AM

Garnier has a nonsmoking room, if that matters. Some reviews (in French) on:
http://mmmm.free.fr/scripts/script_d...to.php?id=3431
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 08:02 AM

We ate at a restaurant in the 7th - Le Petite Nicsoise (I think) Had wonderful fish soup and some type of grilled fish with a yummy sauce. Obviously the cuisine of the south of France. Was packed with locals.
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 08:18 AM

Le Petit Zinc is so lovely and regardless of what you eat, it is worth a visit. I remember having some sort of duck there.
sue, we went to Petit Nicoise last March, there was a large group/family of French in one room and they showed us to another room that was empty.
LOL, talk about feeling rejected
But we found the food ordinary ..maybe a bad night.

The best seafood we had in Paris was in or near the Latin Quarter, forget which street now--Bar Huitres? They are famous for their oysters but we had wonderful sole and mussels.
There is another seafood place at the corner of rue du Buci..if you see them schucking oysters outside, you can figure the seafood might be tasty
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 08:31 AM

Forgot about Bar a Huitres that's at
33 Blvd Beaumarchais.
There's a nw place FISH on the rue de seine.
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 08:45 AM

Related to the Petit Zinc - over 10 years ago, I purchased a framed photo of a waiter standing outside a restaurant called Petit Zinc. I loved the photo and the art deco architecture so I bought it and it has been hung in my kitchens since. I never knew where the photo was taken or if was from an actual restaurant. A couple of years ago in Paris, I was looking for a recommended restaurant - found it and across the street was Petit Zinc! So, I have a photo of me and a waiter in front of the door - a perfect companion to the first photo!
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 09:46 AM

ekscrunchy, sorry I can't comment on Le Dome near Bastille, as I've never been there. I have been to Le Petit Zinc a few times over many years and was never impressed with the food, but most recently thought the prices way too high. It's a brasserie, not a seafood restaurant, by the way.

ILUVPARIS, at the high end you might be interested in Le Divellec, La Marée, Le Duc, or Marius et Janette, all Michelin 2 stars (or were recently...may have changed this year).
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 10:50 AM

Petit Zinc...Funny but about 10 years ago the Petit Zinc and its sister Le Muniche were located in the Rue Buci/Rue Seine area and had the corner with all itsd shell fish displayed. If the photo was at the same place where it is today then it must have been taken just before they moved. Twas my favorite in all Paris with a typical bistro menu other than the brasserie type shell fish. Not too happy with the current decor.

As far as the other Petite which is a real Provencal seafood , I went there a few years ago a was very disasppointed. I know they had new ownership shortly after that and I see the food didn't improve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -