Reload this Page >

Scotland ferry to Giants Causway?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:39 AM
Kate

Hi! Does anyone know the feasability of talking the ferry from Scotland to Belfast, and seeing the Giants Causway? Is there a tour from Belfast to the Giants Causeway? Could it been done in a day, or would you need to spend the night?

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Daniel

It may be better to take a ferry from Cairnryan to Larne. There are buses from the harbour along the coast to Giant´s Causeway and Portrush.<BR>www.causewaycoastandglens.com

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Charlie

Kate,<BR><BR>Where in Scotland are you travelling from? You can fly very cheaply with Easyjet or Go from Glasgow to Belfast in 30 minutes. I don't think it's too far from the airport to Giant's Causeway so you can easily do the trip in one day.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Kate

Thanks so much for the information, I will be sure to check it out!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Ann

The ferry is roughly 2 to 2.5 hours, depending on where you start and end, and which ferry you take.<BR><BR>The easyjet fares are very reasonable, but get more expensive the closer you get to the dates of travel.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 01:53 PM
Fergie

Are they still doing the ferry route from Scotland to Ballycastle ? Not sure if that was cancelled. As mentioned, the Causeway is easily doable in one day but if you can stay overnight there's plenty of sights. Try to see Portbradden, Dunseverick, Torrhead and Murlough Bay, nearby. There are some great clifftop walks in the whole area. Stop in at the Bushmills Inn near the Bushmills distillery for a drink/coffee/lunch. You can travel round the coast towards Belfast passing Cushendall, Waterfoot etc. Glenariff Country Park & waterfall was nice I heard. Best to hire a car for the day to get the most out of it I think.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Sheila

It's not running yet. They think it might start again next year