Scotland Accomodation- ASAP!

Old Feb 9th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scotland Accomodation- ASAP!

I'm traveling to the UK in March and will be in Edinburgh for a tour. The night before the tour I need a place and the tour company recommended Brodies hostel. Any reviews of this or the High Street Hostel? they're both really close to the tour departure point. Also, I've read on here that there are nice b&b's for not much more money, so are there any close to high street/blackfriar st/south bridge area that you know of?? if you can even point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I am 23, solo female, not worried about hostelling, but would love a "huge scottish breatfast" to start my day
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 12:36 AM
Original Poster

okay, little tired here at 4:30 am... meant *breakfast* Also, I decided to look into the castle view guesthouse as I see so many recommendations on here about it.. so that's a go, how about transportation from castle street to high street? Or is it walkable with a heavy camping pack?
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 03:40 AM

It's walkable - but it depends on how heavy your camping pack is! A taxi would be do-able.

There are a couple of hotels in the area round the High St / South Bridge - there is an Ibis there and another one the name of which has slipped my mind just now. Where about on the High St are you leaving from?
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

The exact address of the tour company is 60 High Street... I think I looked up on mapquest how far it is from Castle View to High Street, it appears to be about half way down the royal mile, couple blocks past south bridge
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 06:17 AM

At my guess it would be walkable from Castle Street, but bear in mind that you will have to either walk up the Mound (shorter, but uphill) or along Princes Street and across North Bridge (longer, but less steep) to get there. Personally, I'd take a taxi, especially if you have a lot of stuff to carry.