Schor spam

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 03:27 PM
Gina

Schor spam

Non-travel-related, but seriously annoying. Has anyone here just gotten another one of those David Schor spams? This one totally crashed my e-mail program; I couldn't even forward the bloody thing to AOL's abuse people properly because I couldn't run Eudora as long as the message was there.

This guy is a moron and a menace.

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 05:18 PM
adrienne

Gina - I too had an annoying email from him today. I was able to forward it to the spam hit list at ATT. Let's see if it works.
Adrienne

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 06:34 PM
sally

a good reason to not use your real email address on your post---sad but true!!!

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 07:57 PM
Art

I also got not 1 but 2. I knew who it was and immediatly deleted them. I didn't know that there was a site that we could forward them to.
I still like for people to be able to get in touch with me to ask questions when they need to.

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 08:15 PM
Al

I let no hustler change my ways or make me go incognito. Our artist friend conned me for a while. Then I woke up to what was going on. While I believe that sunlight is a good disinfectant, I violated that principle and used that little trash can in the upper left-hand corner of the e-mail screen. 'Nuff said. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 04:14 AM
sally

someone on the u.s. forum suggested forwarding these emails to [email protected]. i would try that.

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 06:37 AM
dan woodlief

I received a second one as well. I replied asking him not to send more. I was a little surprised after the responses to his last message.

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 06:47 AM
janine

Who is David Schor and how do we recognize his e-mails? Does he use his real name?

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 08:58 AM
SharonM

Ahhhhhh... the ole "Artist" is back, huh...kinda surprised after all the flack he got (or was I the only one) After he emailed me back and said I would not be emailed again, I have not heard from him again (KNOCK ON WOOD!) I think I still have his website email addy if someone wants to give him hell!) I hope everyone does something to put a stop to this creep!

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 09:18 AM
Thyra

HELP! I've gotten them also!!! Who is this Jackass???? I wrote him a letter in response, urging him in no uncertain terms NOT to email me again... I will see if I get more of them, then I will stop posting my real email address but that seems such a shame since I get quite a few real emails from people who genuinely want travel info.... I am not very happy about this guy, and his art work sucks, IMO.

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 03:26 PM
Thyrals

Hi All,
Got this reply from "Artist" after sending admittedly nasty email to him.

Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:13:15 PDT [Show full headers]
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: DON'T EMAIL ME AGAIN

You will not receive anything more from me.
However, reread what you wrote and you will be able to identify your own
character or lack thereof.

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 06:31 PM
elvira

I, too, got the dirtbag's email. It's interesting, Thyrals, that the spitwad deems it okay to usurp email addresses from this site, but doesn't like to be called on it.

If one spams people, one must expect the appropriate reaction.

Has anyone contacted Fodor's and asked them to intervene?

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 06:55 PM
SharonM

Okay...here goes my part in the original Scam thread...what I sent him and what he responded...I say irritate the *S**T* out of him! He just doesn't get it, does he? I would be shamed!!!

anyhoo...

My message ... subject: Im sooooooooo interested...

...that you read the thread "DON'T SOLICIT ME!!! in Fodor's Europe Forum board... I feel my thoughts, as well as the thoughts of many other Fodor Forum contributors you have obviously targeted, has been expressed quite clearly in this thread, practically written Especially about you!!! Aren't you happy to get such interested, honest responses to your spam mail? I'm sure it'll be a great boom to your business...NOT! Do not email me again.

and his response...

Sharon:
Thanks for writing. Always nice to receive such pleasant mail.

Do not worry, you are not to receive anything in future.
David

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 01:10 PM
richardab

For god sake, just use the delete key. I get junk mail from the postal service that is more disturbing!

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 02:55 PM
Gina

Richard--

Really? Your postal service delivers junk mail that causes your mailbox to fall off the wall? Because that's pretty much the equivalent of what Schor's latest code-filled junk mail did to my e-mail box. Just getting my system to run long enough to delete the bloody thing was an effort. (And no, I don't have an ancient computer.)

We're here to talk about travel, not as a formal request for jerks like David Schor to send us junk mail. You can use your delete key right away if you want; I prefer to use my "forward" key first and report him to [email protected].

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 03:22 PM
Robin

Amazing the nerve of this guy! I wrote the original "DON'T SOLICIT ME!" message that Sharon refered to, and at the time I thought I was a lone victim of some flawed idea of marketing. Apparently it's an intentional (and truly shameless!) campaign! The part that baffles me is that he is not at all embarassed to be caught. I guess he actually believes he might get some sales out of this!

What's that old line about any publicity being good publicity?

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 03:53 PM
A. Nonymous

Your discussion of David Schor piqued my interest so I decided to try to find his website. Go to Excite.com and do a search using "David Schor". I think you'll find the first hit quite interesting. This does not sound like a dude I want hanging around my neighborhood.

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 05:22 PM
relax

Egads, what do you people do when a real problem or crisis arises? As the man says, "Just hit the delete key." In one second, poof!

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 07:12 PM
Anna

Don't know if this is related or not, but I got a worm virus in my email yesterday from someone from this board. I don't know who the sender was since my husband opened our mail when I was at work, the subject was regarding a post at Fodor's. Maybe it was an honest traveler looking for advice or maybe it was a spammer, I guess I'll never know.