Reload this Page >

Byron Hotel in London

Search

Byron Hotel in London

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2000, 09:58 AM
Rita Maxwell

Byron Hotel in London

We will be in London in August and are contemplating staying at the Byron Hotel--has anyone any comments on the Hotel or area? Thanks!

Old Mar 27th, 2000, 01:28 PM
Russ Buhite

We will be staying at the Byron from 7-16-7-21. I'll let you know when we get back. All that I have seen looks good and it has air-conditioning!

Old Mar 28th, 2000, 03:48 AM
Mike in London

I know the Byron Hotel well. It is in a good location just off Hyde Park with 2 Underground Stations within about a 3/4 min walk (Bayswater & Queensway). Shops, bars, restaurants are nearby. <BR> <BR>It is a small traditional town house style hotel. It has a very small reception area and lounge with rooms being average size for London (although often small to Americans). The rooms are well furnished if a little tight. <BR> <BR>There are nice touches, such as rooms being named after country houses and in my experience the staff have always been friendly. <BR> <BR>If you want a traditional style hotel with cosy features in a reasonably central location then I would recommend it to you. If you want a modern hotel with up to date facilities then look elsewhere. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps <BR>Mike <BR>

Old Aug 1st, 2000, 05:42 AM
Rita Maxwell

Please remove my message from the message board. Thanks!

Old Aug 6th, 2000, 06:33 AM
Fred

I stayed at the Byron on July 11th...Good points...good location, clean rooms, basic service...elevators....good firm bed. I believe the room had air conditioning, but we didnt need it. <BR> <BR>Bad points...shower was cold and had a broken shower head...rooms were small, but we Americans are use to more space...convienient continental breakfast... <BR> <BR>This was a basic hotel...nothing to fancy..we stayed two nights...not a problem that we couldnt solve. <BR> <BR>Fred

Old Aug 7th, 2000, 09:57 AM
Russ Buhite

We stayed at the Byron July 16-21. I have to agree that it is a good basic hotel with convenient location and good breakfast. Value for the price. I was concerned about the lack of up-keep. Some of the stair rails lacked posts and I was quite concerned that my 3-yr old would fall! Some of the other facilities were in need of repair. A/C worked fine and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. We are used to larger rooms in the US and the double rooms the Byron are very tiny. Overall I was pleased but would try to go a bit more up-scale next time.

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 07:14 PM
sandra

has anyone stayed at the strand palace hotel