Search

Schengen Visa while changing jobs?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Schengen Visa while changing jobs?

Hi Fellow travellers,

I have booked my tickets to paris for first week of feb 2014 but am going to be quitting my current job in 3 weeks and work for a couple of weeks with my new employer before i go to paris. I would like to know if I should get my schengen visa with my current employer and then make sure I have my h1b approvals from my new employer so that I face no issue while entering US.

My h1b got transferred . Please help me out.
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 02:47 PM

We're not immigration lawyers around here, we're fellow travelers. But in case somebody thinks they can help - can you clarify that post of yours? What nationality are you, why are you going to Paris - in what capacity, why should you have issues entering the US, where are those employers, etc.?
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 02:48 PM

You really can't rely on the advice that you get from strangers in a travel forum for something this important. You need to talk to an immigration lawyer. If you're working for a large employer with a number of immigrants working on staff, they may have a lawyer on staff who's familiar with the issue.
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 09:51 AM

Your post makes no sense to anyone except you. You are leaving out more relevant information than you are including.

I'm guessing you are living and working in the USA on an H1B visa. Fine as far as it goes. You will definitely need a valid H1B visa if you leave and wish to return to the USA and work. That means obtaining a new visa before you leave the USA.

I'm also not sure that you can actually legally work for a new employer (as you say you plan to do) before obtaining the new visa.

Those are visa questions to get clarified by the US State Department before you do anything.

Second and separate is the question of a Schengen Visa. What is certain is that obtaining a Schengen Visa has NOTHING to do with your employer in the USA.

For nationals of a country for which a Schengen visa is required, that visa is issued by a Schengen member country to the individual. A list of what nationalities require one or are exempt can be seen here: http://www.immihelp.com/visas/scheng...xemptions.html