Scarf Shop in Rome

Apr 27th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Scarf Shop in Rome

I am looking for a scarf shop in Rome. I know of Sciunnach but it is very expensive (129euro) for a scarf. Any suggestions?
Apr 27th, 2010, 01:40 PM

You could try Rinascente on the Via del Corso opposite the Piazza Colona.

Maybe Coin? There are several locations around Rome.

There are lots of shops that sell that sort of thing in the Via Francesco Crispi + Via Sistina area near the Spanish Steps.

There is a shop across the street from the St. Regis Grand Hotel that sells beautiful scarves, but they are probably very expensive because the shop also sells Cartier bags and wallets.

Thin
Apr 27th, 2010, 06:31 PM

Maybe this isn't high-end enough for you, but you can buy beautiful scarves very inexpensively from the vendors on the side streets off the Piazza Navona. I'm talking 5-8 Euro. Maybe they aren't real silk and the ones they call Pashmina aren't the real thing, but they are very pretty. I always get compliments when wearing them, as does a friend I bought one for.

Now, Thin, I know these probably aren't up to your standards, but they do have some beautiful designs.
Apr 27th, 2010, 09:32 PM

I don't have standards. I am an alcoholic.

I have been known to drink gin out of a dog dish.

Thin
Apr 28th, 2010, 04:03 AM

Thin, you are hilarious!! I always look forward to your posts, but this is the best of the lot, I'm sure!!
Apr 28th, 2010, 04:29 AM

We know how he drinks his gin but how does he use all those Hermes scarves left to him by those legendary dowager aunts and assorted dipsomaniacal relatives?
Apr 28th, 2010, 07:04 AM

On my last trip to Rome in November, I bought several scarves, including two at Sciunnach, which are beautiful but they were expensive. I also bought a silk scarf for 10 Es, which I love, at a tiny shop (really more like a stall) near Trevi fountain. I didn't write down the name but there were many similar stores in that area. I also bought two beautiful velvet scarves for 10 E each at the Mercato via Sannia.
Apr 28th, 2010, 08:01 AM

I think this is kind of a no-brainer, as you'll see places selling scarves all over the city. If you have a particular type of scarf you absolutely must have, then by all means ask, but otherwise, it won't be an issue (in Rome or just about any other European city).
Apr 28th, 2010, 02:51 PM

Thin, I know you don't have standards when it comes to getting your gin, but I thought that wouldn't apply to cheap scarves!
Apr 28th, 2010, 03:06 PM

hi bxl,

as well as the scarf peddlars in Piaza Navona, there are stalls selling them in the market in the campo dei firoi on a sunday, when the flowers, fruit and veg aren't there. I got some very nice and reasonable ones for the sort of mprices susan says.

you should also keep a look out for the lovely little artisan shops that are dotted all over Rome, but particularly in the via dei banchi vecchi, which is full of individual boutiques.

you'll certainly have fun looking!
Apr 28th, 2010, 03:24 PM

Well, I really have no reason to look at scarves for ladies, so I wouldn't care if they were cheap or expensive.

ekscrunchy is correct that my relatives have left me a trove of Hermes scarves. I tie them around the neck of my dog, Jackie O.

My dowager aunts do like to leave me broken Meissen and needlepoint throw pillows in their wills, but not money.

Thin
Apr 28th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Search this Thread