Reload this Page >

Sardonia, Is it worth it?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 06:20 AM
john

We have a few extra days on our honeymoon and are thinking of spending them in Sardonia? Has anyone visited this area, and is it worth it, or should we extend our time elsewhere, such as Rome or Florence?

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 07:02 AM
jake

If you do go to Sardonia, I highly recommend a side trip to Elbonia.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Patrick

Why did you post this question just a couple hours after posting a similar question with Cala di Volpe in the title? We are answering your question there.<BR><BR>I would assume that it was a simple typo saying Sardonia instead of Sardinia, but you did it twice. You do know it is Sardinia, don't you?

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 07:57 AM
x

Not too condescending Patrick

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 08:20 AM
zzz

RE: Patdick<BR><BR>Having a bad day? Let some air out of your ego!

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Patrick

Since Mike has mispelled it twice the same way, I seriously believe he did not know how to spell Sardinia. So without calling him an idiot as I assume x or zzz would have done, I was politely correcting him since he is planning to go there. Perhaps I am wrong about that, but I'm really not sure how I could have said it any more politely.<BR>But more important, if you two (actually I assume one) posters, x and zzz would look at the other thread I mention, you would see that I spent a fair amount of time offering helpful advice to this very topic for Mike. I'm looking, but so far I can't find your helpful advice. Mind telling me where it is? And can you possibly explain how my comment above has anything in the world to do with my ego? Is it really egotistical to try to politely help new posters learn how to use this board?

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 08:36 AM
another xxx

How come Jake makes a totally sarcastic remark and that is fine, but Patrick offers a simple helpful suggestion and he gets slammed?

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 08:39 AM
x

Actually, I am x and that is all I am. Keep proving our point, Patrick, it's fun to watch you lose it!!!<BR><BR>How about writing, &quot;FYI, it's Sardinia not Sardonia, before someone attacks you for typos.&quot; Plain &amp; simple. That is how I would have done it.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 08:40 AM
zzz

RE: Patrick<BR><BR>You do know its your attitude, don't you? You have not gotten it twice so I wonder about you! <BR>

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Patrick

You are too funny, x / zzz. You post back to back under both names two different times and actually have the nerve to say &quot;you've gotten it twice&quot;.<BR><BR>And thanks for the advice of how YOU would have done, since you are obviously the role model for tact and politeness. I wish I could live my life just like yours!

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 11:34 AM
x

Patrick,<BR><BR>I work in the mental health field, would you like a referral?<BR><BR>Hopefully your comments are meant to be funny.....

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 12:13 PM
x

And your remark &quot;we are answering your question there&quot; was especially telling of your ego.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 12:56 PM
xxx

Leave Patrick alone. He provides a lot of good advice on this forum. I didn't see the other thread, but I accept Patrick's version of the story on faith. Wouldn't you be a little annoyed if you spent time responding to someone's question and they turn around and ask basically the same question just as if you had said nothing? If you just look at this one, you'll see that john (john = Mike?) didn't even tell us what time of year he's traveling. I think john got much better than he deserved.