Santorini Studio Recommendation

Old Sep 21st, 2005, 04:01 PM
Original Poster

Santorini Studio Recommendation

We are going to stay a week in Santorini next year and plan on renting a car. I am looking at staying in a studio in Oia under 100Euro a night that has parking availability. I found one that looks good, a bit more $, but has parking. Has anyone stayed at the Strogili Traditional Houses? Any other recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 05:19 PM

I stayed at the Musses Studios, rented out by Ecorama Holidays in Oia. The upstairs units look out over the sea. There's parking right nearby. I was there in May and got a great off-season deal, 25 Euro/night for a studio w/kitchenette, balcony and sleeping loft. Number 4 is in the best location for the sea view.
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 09:24 AM
Original Poster

Brotherleelove, not only do I love your “name” but your generosity with sharing your knowledge and experience. I am going to ask more from you. Can you tell me how to contact Musses Studios? Also, my husband wants to just “chill” on our week in Santorini and take pictures, enjoy the views, and eat. He has left all the planning up to me. Through my research, I have decided on staying the whole time in Oia. The reason we are getting a car is for the ease to return to a spot for a “great shot” when the light is right. My question to you and any other “Fodorite” is: “Should I divide the six days into 2 towns, if so, which other would you recommend?” Thanks to you and all the giving people on this message board!
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 12:30 PM

Contact Alex or Celeste at Ecorama Holidays about the Musses Studios. Here's a link to their website.

http://www.greekhotel.com/cyclades/s...orama/home.htm

The office is right in the bus square of Oia. The Musses Studios aren't mentioned on the website, but if you ask about them you'll get help. (Remember to ask for #4). The studios are located just in front of the Casa Francesca, which is near the Filotera Villas.

One last thought: I said earlier that they have a sea view, and it's a lovely view. But it's not a caldera view, so if that's what you're looking for the Musses Studios aren't for you. You'll be hard-pressed to find anything else as affordable as Musses if you're looking for a caldera view.

You don't really need to split your time between Oia and another village. The island is small and a car will give you easy access to everything and everywhere.

Your husband is going to have a "field day" taking photos on Santorini. You may never see him again!

Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

You are an Angel. I am not “hung-up” on a caldera view, but definitely a view of the ocean. There is a studio I found that has all I want but, they just will NOT accept reservations until Jan. 2006. I am afraid of waiting until then, so I have been looking some more. I am SO glad you said we did not need to stay anywhere else. Oia looks and sounds PERFECT. I was in Greece 26 years ago on a cruise, and of all the islands, the one that still haunts me is Santorini. I just visited Fira then, we saw 11 islands in 6 days on the cruise. My husband has never been to Greece and I know he will think he died and went to heaven in Santorini. I will be checking the message boards for information on Crete too. We will be spending 6 days there. I thought it would be good choice for a second island. I’ve bought a couple of books for research but haven’t gotten to them yet. I’m still working on Santorini. Thanks again!
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 09:29 AM

I know this post was from a while back, but how was your experience at Musses Studios? Was it near the Oia center?
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 10:05 AM

Yes, it's near the center of Oia. Everything is-it's a small village. I fully enjoyed my studio, #4, which had the best view including a partial view of the sunset. Right across the street was a little shop owned by a baker's family where I could get warm breads and pastries in the morning as well as other foods to make my own breakfast.