Santorini sea kayaking/ activities

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were interested in renting sea kayaks, seems like it would be a beautiful way to explore the shores along Santorini, wondering if people have suggestions on companies to rent from or renting a small cheap boat just to cruise around on.

Also interested in a sunset or dinner cruise sail on a catameran in Santorini, any suggestions

What other activities are a must while here. We alsomlove live music if there are suggested revues for this. We're an active young couple with a toddler; but we are not easily inconvienced having a kid on our hip/back, its part of the fun for us, so any suggestions woild be great
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:17 PM

The only catamaran/sunset cruise I'm aware of is Captain Ted's but I have doubts whether or not a toddler would be welcomed by the other couples sharing the experience. It's possible that they're not allowed so you'd have to ask to be sure.

http://greektravel.com/greekislands/...ling/index.htm
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

I should clearify, we will probably not bring our son on all the activities such as a sunset cruise or sea kayaking, the hotel we ares staying at is able to provide some childcare, but in posting this,I just didn't want people to rule out various activities because we have a toddler, I think we are pretty good at deciding what we will do with him and what wee will do without, Im sure a toddler would not be welcome on a sunset cruise, in a broader sense, I just wanted to get the point across that we do not getty easily stressed when traveling with a child-thanks for the info, I appreciate it, and sorry if I was not clear
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 11:33 AM

I too would like to know if small boat rentals are available in either Santorini or Naxos. We have a boat at home so we feel comfortable renting one if they are available. Any idea on what something like this might cost for a days use?
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 12:29 PM

I'm pretty sure you can rent kayaks at both Kamari and Perissa Beaches. These two beaches are the centers for water sports.
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 12:30 PM

Brotherleelove, do you happen to know if Captain Ted rents to only one party at a time, or do they sometimes share the boat with other couples...I guess like a cabin charter might? It will be just me and my husband and we wouldn't need the whole boat to ourselves, and would welcome meeting other people. Any idea if there are online price lists posted?
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 01:43 PM

He does it both ways. You can join a small group for an excursion or hire his boat and crew for a private cruise.

There is also a different sunset cruise available through the travel agents on Santorini if you're interested, it's much less-expensive and most people have a great time as long as the wind isn't blowing.
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 06:11 PM

Last May, we did Captain Ted's dinner cruise and it was the most memorable part of our trip. We ended up sharing the boat with 3 other couples and it was a wonderful time. It's not cheap but was worth the $$ for us, for sure.

Bring your bathing suit - I regret not taking a quick plunge into the hot springs of the caldera.

p.s. Having a toddler myself, I will say that Santorini may well be one of the most exhausting places I can think of with a toddler, you will certainly get your exercise
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 06:49 PM

Any chance you remember what you paid for the dinner cruise?
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 03:42 PM

Sorry, I don't. I just tried to google Ted's website to find out, but did find that someone on TripAdvisor said they paid 135 euros per person.

Like I said, not cheap and I remembered we questioned whether to do it based on cost...

But, we figured we probably won't be sailing around Santorini anytime soon so we did it! And were soooo glad we did. It was a blast.
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Are there any cheaper dinner cruises, Ted's is pricey, but I would love to do it, I would even be interested in a sunset cruise with drinks and no dinner if it would cost less, seems like there would be other options, I hope...
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 03:56 PM

Yes, there are less-expensive sunset/champagne cruises.

Check here: http://www.travel4greece.com/organized-tours/25.php
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

thank you so much,I don't know what I would do without this forum, so much helpful info. The link you suggested for the sunset cruise looks great, I just emailed them!!!