Santorini and Crete

Search

Santorini and Crete

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2018, 12:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Santorini and Crete

Looking for airbnb or hotel recommendations for Santorini in July. We want something with a fab view ..thinking Fira. Price range..hmmm maybe $300ish CAD/night.
Also will be going to Crete following..will be exploring mostly the east side as we have already done western Crete. Thinking a vila or airbnb. Hmmm maybe $200ish CAD/night price range.
Thank you!
Old Apr 29th, 2018, 07:41 AM

Well the fab views I would say are up in Oia, and the accommodations there are fabulously priced as well -- and not in a good way! But there may be others who refute this. We spent a day walking around Fira but only saw views from the north side as opposed to Oia where the best are on the south.
Old May 3rd, 2018, 06:16 AM

If you don't mind expensive and love crowded places, then your options are Fira or Oia. If you are looking for less crowded I'd suggest to look around Firostefani or Imerovigli. In Perissa and Kamari you can find more budget accommodation.
There are plenty of great places to stay like: Canaves, Kirini Suites & Spa, Kapari Natural Resort, The Sea Captain's House, Ikies Traditional Houses, San Antonio, Apanemo Hotel, Aigialos, The Vasilicos, Bellonias Villas, Aria Lito Mansion, Hotel Ilioperato, Homeric Poems, Aenaon Villas.
Old May 3rd, 2018, 06:37 AM

Most of the above list are 5 star hotels and will be expensive.

I stayed in Oia and did not find my accommodation expensive and whilst it was crowded at sunset, was not crowded at other times. It was a pleasure to eat at Ammoudi Bay, at the waters edge, which you can walk down to from Oia. The tavernas there are not expensive.

This accommodation is well below your budget, however booking so late, it might not be available.

Old Oia Houses | Oia Old Houses
Old May 3rd, 2018, 07:09 AM

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't stay in Fira. Tourist central, limited views. Look at Imerovigli. It is in the middle of the caldera, with expansive, spectacular views. Right on a walking path that takes you both directions on the caldera. We stayed at Gold Suites and liked it a lot. Not cheap, though, there are probably places less expensive.