Santorini Advice

Search

Santorini Advice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2007, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Santorini Advice

If we are staying in Fira on Santorini, how do we get to our hotel, sweetie darling? Do we take a cab? We are flying into Santorini from Athens on Aegean.

I have heard that you have to drag your Goyard luggage (or Louis Vuitton) to your hotel because the cabs can't go down the little alleys. True?

We think that we are staying at Athina Repose. We have sent an inquiery.

Thin

Thin
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 10:06 AM

What we do is ask the hotel to arrange an airport pickup that includes bringing the bags down to the hotel. Last April we paid $25 Euros for this service, and were happy to do so as getting to the hotel involved going down many many many stairs.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 10:07 AM

make that 25 Euros
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Eleni. You have been very helpful.

What hotel do you normally stay at on Santorini?
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 10:33 AM

We go to Santorini during the shoulder seasons (April/May or September/October). Having lived in a small town that was overrun by cruise ship visitors in the US, I developed an aversion to going to cruise ship destinations at the height of the season! Anyway, because we go during the shoulder season, we prefer staying in Fira. I pretty much stay in a different hotel every time, just so I have a good sense of what is available. Last time we stayed at the Cori Rigas Apartments and liked it very much. I would stay there again if it were available.

My mother-in-law was with us and she could not handle the stairs that are required to get to the Cori Rigas, so she stayed at the Atlantis Hotel. She liked staying there because we could drop her directly at the front door, she didn't have to walk up any stairs, she had a great view from her room, and the staff was really nice to her. Her room at the Atlantis wasn't very modern, and the bathroom was small, but it was clean and pleasant.