Santorini Accommodations

Feb 5th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Santorini Accommodations

Looking for recommendations on accommodations in Santorini based on personal experience...will be flying in last week of June.
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:51 AM

More information, please:

Daily room budget per/person?
Caldera, sunset or beachfront view?
Village choice?
Self-catering or hotel services?
How many people?
Walking distance to nightlife or avoid the party scene?
Swimming pool?
Feb 6th, 2007, 11:40 AM

Last summer three of us stayed at Athina Repose Santorini Suites
Fira 84700 Santorini Island (Thira) Greece
Tel.: (+30) 22860 24910, Fax: (+30) 22860 24913
E-mail: [email protected]
Junior Suite
I highly recommend it. private balconies, outdoor pool, great friendly service and the breakfast is brought to your room , you can eat on the balcony - WOW. Our room also had living room with a foldout couch for our daughter and an small kitchen. We paid Cash and got a better deal
Mar 5th, 2007, 04:46 AM
Original Poster

We are 2 fit and active 40-somethings, husband and wife, traveling lightly. Willing to pay for outstanding accommodations, but more so looking to get as authentic an experience as possible. Potentially booking Petasos Beach on Mykonos, Porto Fira on Santorini, and Vilelmine in Chania (Crete), price is not really our primary consideration. Looking for varied accommodations through the trip (14 days total). Spending one night in Athens on arrival before we take the overnight ferry to Crete, and 2 nights at the end of our trip. Would consider 2 different accommodations for each of these (1st night vs. last 2) to get varied perspective on the city. Expect to do the majority of our Athens sightseeing at the end of our 14 day adventure. First night is to recuperate from travel from the US and get ready for overnight to Crete. Hope this gives a better idea of what we're looking for, and maybe we can get some specific suggestions based on this additional info. There are so many properties to choose from, I'm getting burnt out looking at them all!
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:35 AM

hey brother
sounds like you have been there. i am considering planning a trip to this area and would love someone who i could email about questions and feedback. if you would consider this, please email me at [email protected].
thanks, michael

Search this Thread