Search

Santorini

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Santorini

My husband & I will be going to Santorini in June for the first time & we're having a very hard time in narrowing our choices between Volcano View Hotel Villas/Katikies/
Perivolas/The Tsitouras Collection/Sun Rocks Apartments. Please if anyone can comment on these hotels it will be gratly appreciated.
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 08:01 PM

Hi, I can only comment on Volcano View Villas, and the view is incredible...As long as you are not expecting 5 star accomodation, you will love it there..I would definately stay there again.
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 10:26 PM

Both the Perivolas and Katikies are situated in the most beautiful village of Oia. You could not choose a better location. Both are equally wonderful. I personally like the Perivolas, but I'm biased, I'm acquainted with Kostas, the owner! ;-)
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 04:39 AM

Ditto Tracy's comments! I cannot imagine a more spectacular view!
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 08:01 AM

ditto TracyB and grandmere. A lot of stairs, but thats typical. Getting into town was fairly simple.
Jim
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 09:33 AM

We did research on this for our honeymoon..... and ended up with Perivolas - the rooms looked nicer- more traditional - Most people/travel agents we spoke with gave us the same response - let me know how it works out - were going in July!
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 11:22 PM

We were married at Perivolas in Sept 2002. It was spectacular. It might be a little more expensive than some of the other places, but well worth it. we will definately stay there again.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 04:09 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Athina in Santorini, and hightly recommend it. Wonderful view and lovely family that runs the place. You must traverse a rather long stairway down to the hotel (which means you must go back up - but no rush, you are on vacation after all). Yet, the hotel is worth it. When we go back, this is where we will stay again. Breakfast was included for us. We almost booked at the Volcano View Villas, the pictures looked wonderful. Yet, they are located quite a distance from all of the restaurants and shops, which are fun to walk up to and visit day or night, easily done from many hotels in the caldera, but not the Volcano View Villas - you would need transportation, or be willing to walk a good distance.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 08:06 AM

We stayed at Katikies in Oia last June. The hotel is very nice but also very expensive. We spent 320 euros a night for their more basic room! If you're willing to pay that and don't mind a little pretention, Katikies is lovely! They have two swimming pools, a very attentive staff, sunbathing chairs with huge plush pillows, fantastic views, two very good albeit expensive restaurants, etc. They really pamper you. You arrive in your room to find a complementary bottle of wine and platter of fruit. They clean your room like 3x a day. Every night, you place an order for WHATEVER you want for breakfast and the time you want it and the next morning, you wake up to find it on your balcony. Each room has a balcony with a table and breakfast there in the morning was our favorite part of Katikies. And the breakfast is sooooo good. We also ate at the Katikies restaurant (not white cave). There are only 4 tables, it's very romantic, and you have lots of great attention from the waitress.

Overall, Katikies was a great hotel. It's very expensive and some things were over the top for my tastes (like a glass of champagne when you arrive) but I would definitely recommend it.

If you'd like to see pics from our wedding and honeymoon in Santorini, check out the links at www.kyriaki.net/ourwedding. You will have a wonderful time there!
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 09:51 AM

Hi,
We stayed at the Katikies and it is wonderful, but it is a little pretentious. Kyriaki, my son is getting married there next May. Thank you for the photo web site. I will email it to them. We are all very excited. He and his intended will stay at the Katikies, but we decided that it has gotten tooo dear and we will be staying at the Esperas, which we stayed before. It is lovely and not as pretentious. In the end Joesil, you can not go wrong. It is so beautiful you can not have a bad time.
Old May 24th, 2004, 07:06 PM

Joesil, we may be there at the same time. We are going in June and are staying at the Tsitouras Collection. I will let you know how I like it. Where did you decide to stay?