Reload this Page >

Santa Chiara in Rome or the Cesari

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 08:51 PM
Debby

We are now down to the wire in decision time. I need help. Boooth sound like great places. Any input?<BR><BR>Debby

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:17 AM
elaine

I stayed at the Santa Chiara last fall.I had a small single room, can't speak to the size of the doubles or twins. My bathroom was very good, although the shower stall was coffin-sized. Outstanding breakfast buffet every morning, including excellent coffee. Great location near the Pantheon and just a few minutes from<BR>Campo dei Fiori. Hotel staff very helpful and competent; not the warmest crew around, but I didn't need them to be my friends. THey willingly made several reservations and arrangements for me.<BR>I would definitely stay there again.<BR>Ask for a room facing the rear, as the front faces a small street that gets a lot of motorcycle traffic.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 06:56 AM
ron

Debby,<BR>I stayed at the Cesari and found the location and hotel to be excellent. Central to everything in any direction you go. Even had non-smoking rooms, and a very ample breakfast. Room was a good size too. The staff also was helpful and pleasant. I wanted to go back, but they are full for my next visit to Rome. Also, at the time I booked, the Cesari was considerably less than the Santa Chiara. That was a big factor in deciding, so if you haven't checked on the rates yet, that may be a good way to decide. I contacted the hotels directly via e-mail (rather than through an on-line booking site) and asked what was the best they could do for me. I got much better rates at both places, but the Cesari offer was better.<BR><BR>Ciao,<BR>Ron

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 08:02 PM
ttt

to the top<BR>

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Myer

The problem with Santa Chiara is that too many people on this forum have said good things about it.<BR><BR>Now it's booked up. The problem with a good product. Availability at a reasonable price.<BR>

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 05:06 AM
DJ

We stayed at the Cesari last September. Loved the location, however, it was a bit noisy from the street below. To remedy this, request a room on a higher floor. The noise is the result of garbage men in the night dropping bottles on the cobblestone, &/or construction workers. So the higher up you are the better.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 08:10 AM
Rex

Debby - - you're starting to catch the dreaded disorder "decision paralysis". There are entire threads about this here on this board. Read them, maybe they'll give you a laugh, and make it easier for you to flip a coin.<BR><BR>Make this decision on price, or ask either of them to send you a brochure in the mail and go with the one that arrives first. Or flip a coin.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 02:32 PM
ttt

to keep your other similar question company<BR>