Reload this Page >

Sandy beaches in Tuscany

Search

Sandy beaches in Tuscany

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 07:56 AM
Ryan

Sandy beaches in Tuscany

Is there such a thing? I've never been and am considering a trip in June. My soon to be wife and I would love it if we could find an out of the way beach near our villa, which will hopefully be south or southwest of Florence.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 08:01 AM
tuscanybound

We stayed just south of Florence and drove approx. 1 1/2 hrs. to the wonderful sandy beach of Forte de Marmi. It's a great day's excursion. I think that would be the closest but not too sure about some of the lake areas??

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 08:09 AM
Dawn

The area of Versilia, which included Forte dei Marmi has great beaches, that what it is known for.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 09:07 AM
Jeff

Versilia offers such beaches from pretty much Pisa up to Forte dei Marmi. They're all (nearly all) the 'bagni' type where you have to pay to rent your spot, with umbrella and deckchairs. <BR>Have a look here ... <BR>http://www.knowital.com/Towns/Viareg..._homepage.html <BR> <BR>Ciao e buon viaggio!

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 10:05 AM
Karen

On our drive from Colle Val d'Elsa, near San Gimignano, to Porto Santo Stefano, on the very rocky coast of the Argentario peninsula at the very south of Tuscany, we stopped to eat at a little town called San Vincenzo, where there were lovely sandy beaches. Forte and towns of Versilia are the classic choices, but there are apparently options toward the south, as well.

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 06:45 PM
Dona

Ryan, <BR> <BR>Some of the best beaches I've been to in Italy are in southern Tuscany - particularly along the Maremma, an Italian National park, and in Punta Ala. The beaches in northern Tuscany are also sandy, i.e., Marina di Massa, Forte de Marmik, Lido di Camaiore, Viareggio, Marina di Pisa, Tirrenia, Castiglioncello (a really nice undiscovered beach town), Rosignano Solvay, Vada, and Marina di Cecina. They really are sandy beaches rather than the rocky beaches in other parts of Italy. Also, there are sandy beaches south of Rome and north of Naples in Ostia and between Naples and Rome in Gaeta, Sperlonga, Terracina, San Felice Circeo, and especially in Saubadia, Nettuno, Anzio, Tor Vaianica, and Lido di Ostia. <BR> <BR>Dona

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 08:45 PM
robin

Barbara just shared her wonderful trip to Italy (Just back from 15 days in Italy). She was on Elba Island, with beaches there sounding quite lovely. Maybe she'll provide you with details of their stay on island. <BR> <BR>To get to Elba, you take the ferry. Can drive your car onto ferry (assuming you are renting car for your visit).