San Sebastian in late March?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are starting to plan for next spring break's trip. My husband and 18 year old son would like to go back to Spain. We have been to Madrid,Salamanca, Segovia, Toledo, Andalucia and Barcelona few spring breaks ago. This time we'd like to start in Barcelona then fly to San Sebastian then on to Madrid. We are not beach goers but we love strolling and tapas hopping. I've read that San Sebastian can get cold and rainy this time of the year, should we still consider it as part of our itinerary? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Old May 16th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Original Poster

topping...
Old May 16th, 2008, 10:05 PM

You don't want to miss out on San Sebastian-Donostia because of a little rain and cool weather. The pintxos (tapas) are hard to beat. Check Maribel's Guides (http://maribelsguides.com)for more information.

It was fairly nice in early March this year, but winter arrived about 6 weeks late so it was a bit colder in late March/early April than what you would normally expect, but it was warmer in Donostia than Madrid during Holy Week.

I don't know where you're from, but the weather along the Basque coast is a lot like the Northwest from Seattle to Vancouver, B.C., so expect some rain in late March, early April
Old May 17th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Robert. We live in Wisconsin so that kind of weather won't bother us at all. We were in London and Berlin during the Holy Week this year and it was freezing but we still had a good time.