Reload this Page >

San Sebastian and St Jean de luz

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2002, 01:00 PM
ackis

I am interested in staying either in SS or St Jean de luz for a day on my way to Lisbon.I checked several posts here about St Jean de luz hotels , i phoned some but I did not manage ro reserve a room , they were all booked , maybe they were not happy to know that i am staying just for a day...Any way the hotels in SS "Niza" "londres y inglaterra" etc are pricy for me !<BR>I have some pensions phones and adresses but i find it hard to call them without knowing some basic information about them ?<BR>Could you recommend me some pensions or cheap hotels that i could stay in SS(double less than 80 euro )<BR>I am also interested about recommended hotels in Jean de luz<BR>Thank you

Old May 22nd, 2002, 02:28 PM
Jon

Sleeping in St.Jean de Luz is difficult, but you will find accomodation in Donostia for sure. For your budget, I recomend you Hotel Codina and Hotel Parma. You can check more at:<BR><BR>http://www.sansebastianturismo.com<BR><BR>I hope you enjoy in Donostia, it´s a beautiful city.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 06:33 PM
Maribel

ackis,<BR>In beautiful San Sebastian, I can personally vouch for the Hostal Alemana,. which is only 2 blocks from the beach. It's small, attractive, housed in a turn-of-the-century town house, dependable, well-run and value priced at under 80 euros high season. It's recommended in Alistair Sawday's "Special Places to Stay in Spain". <BR>See it at<BR>www.paisvasco.com/hostalalemana/eng.html<BR><BR>In St. Jean de Luz, I'd suggest La Deviniere (under 100 euros). Lots of charm in the most charming of Pays Basque fishing villages.<BR>It's recommended in the Karen Brown's Charming Inns in France guide as well as the Alistair Sawday's French Hotels, Inns and Other Places.<BR><BR>If not in the month of July (when the whole house is rented out to repeat guests), also try the pretty and friendly Basque farmhouse La Maison Tamarin outside of St Jean de Luz. off the N10 towards Biarritz. <BR>www.lamaisontamarin.com<BR>We tried to stay there last July but completely booked. It's still very much on our list of charming inns to try.<BR><BR>This area is a one of our favorite spots in Europe.<BR>Good luck!

Old May 23rd, 2002, 12:20 AM
cristina

<BR><BR>Have a look at this web:<BR>http://www.paisvasco.net/turismorecept/index.html<BR> my recommendations among of all them re: <BR><BR>1*and 2* hotels: <BR>Hotel La Galer&iacute;a, Hotel Parma, Hotel Ezeiza.<BR><BR>Pensiones:<BR>Pensi&oacute;n Aldamar, Pensi&oacute;n Chomin<BR><BR>Hostels:<BR>Hostal Alemana<BR>Hostal Bah&iacute;a<BR><BR>I think all of them are under 80? per night. <BR><BR>Cristina

Old May 23rd, 2002, 02:05 AM
Norma

We stayed at the Hotel Parma about 3 years ago. It is a smallish family-run hotel, very pleasant, and across a bridge, as I remember, from the Convention Centre which was then under construction. There is an underground car park very close by where for about $10 a night we left our car. The hotel is walking distance from most things in the city of interest (to us, that is). I would happily stay there again.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 02:12 AM
ackis

Thank you all very much!Nice information!<BR>I should better start phoning these places

Old May 23rd, 2002, 11:29 AM
ackis

unfortunately the hotel Parma in SS was fully booked , hostal Alemana reserves room with a 5 days minimum stay . i keep on checking out!<BR>i will check out le deviniere in St Jean de luz