Reload this Page >

San Pietro/Sirenuse booked!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2000, 04:19 AM
Lourdes

I'm trying to plan my honeymoon in June to the Amalfi Coast. Was planning to splurge and stay at either of the 5*. Does anyone have any suggestions since they're both booked? Looking for a place to stay that's dreamy, gorgeous views, pool. I've read a lot about La Fenice on these boards. I know it's not the luxury of the big 2, but it does sound romantic. Any suggestions? We're looking to stay in Positano for 3 or 4 days.

Old Feb 2nd, 2000, 06:57 AM
lola

Miramare is the less posh sibling of San Pietro, and extremely charming. The deluxe rooms are highly romantic. Also, Poseidon, Villa Franca and the deluxe rooms ar Covo dei Saraceni(the only one by the beach) are all tops. That said, be sure to have a drink or dinner at the two great ones. And take heart that the view is just as grand at almost anyplace in Positano.

Old Feb 2nd, 2000, 08:50 AM
Dona

Lourdes, <BR> <BR>Sounds like a wonderful honeymoon! <BR> <BR>I stayed at Le Sireneuse a few years ago and loved it. It is a much better locatio than the San Pietro since it is actually in the town of Positano. San Pietro looks beautiful but it is isolated. <BR> <BR>If you're planning to stay overnight in Capri, I can't say enough about Scalinatella. Owned by the same people as Quissisana but more isolated and absolutely romantic... If yo're going to Capri, it's worth it to stay overnight - at least one night. The place changes totally after the last tour boat leaves... <BR> <BR>Good luck... <BR> <BR>Dona

Old Feb 2nd, 2000, 01:39 PM
Jill

I stayed at the Poseidon this past summer and really liked it. I will say it does not have the luxury of the other two, but it is a fabulous location in town and it is the only other hotel with a pool (very important when you see the beach - all rocks). The other hotel that we saw that looked quite beautiful was the Palazzo Murat. It is an old palace in the middle of town. The only drawback is that it doesn't have a pool, but they have their own boat, complimentary to guests, so you can swim off the boat. It really looked nice. I think you will be quite happy with either.

Old Feb 2nd, 2000, 08:18 PM
lola

Must correct Jill--both Villa Franca and Cava d Sarecini have pools. And both are set with great views.