Salzburg to Prague

Mar 29th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Salzburg to Prague

Thinking of landing in Munich, see Dachua, Munich then going to Salzburg prior to a visit to Prague. Please advise of the dirct train from Salzburg to Prague, I know it is 6 1/2 hours. Is it somewhat scenic? Possibly a car transfer? if so, how to do it? Airflights go through frankfort or vienna and are very expensive. There will be three of us traveling. Thank you.
Mar 29th, 2009, 11:32 AM

Jack:
Just a bit of friendly advice.

This is the 15th topic you've posted as an original poster...you have commented to your many responses only on 3 of these. It is customary that when one asks questions as an OP and receives answers (for example on your concentration camp post, you received 23 comments, including mine and others from serious posters who took their time to share their expepriences and comments with you))...the OP should at least thank the posters for their comments. Please accept this as constructive criticsm. IF you had listed your email, I would have sent you these comments via return mail.

Sincerely, and helpfully,

Stu Tower
[email protected]
Mar 29th, 2009, 01:06 PM

Stu; Right on, I certainly agree. iris1745/dick
Mar 29th, 2009, 04:10 PM

Iris and Dick...this has been a pet peeve of mine since joining in 2005....seems like the case of the disappearing OP is endemic to this forum.

I think it should be a requirement for people to list their email address, and fill in the profile info. It's so helpful to know a little bit about each other...do you agree? I feel I know Iris and Dick now....and I hope it's mutual...but all too few have written up profile info. Some posters enjoy the anonymity, I suppose.

stu
Mar 29th, 2009, 04:37 PM
lyb

I agree as well...I think it's just common courtesy to acknowledge the person/persons who give you advice and say thank you, whether or not you use their advice.

In defense of JackGlasser, I did see he responded on at least one of his topic...

Oh, well...my mother taught me to always say thank you, so I do
Mar 29th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Original Poster

I am learning. I will respond. My email, I thought was available. It is [email protected]. I did find the comments on the concentration camp the most interesting and helpful. This trip is to accompany our daughter who will participate in a meeting in Budapest. We are trying to configure something and execute it prior to her meeting in Budapest. For my wife and myself, it will most likely be the ocnly time in the area, but time is a little limited. The plan now is to fly into Munich, spend one day there, go to Dachau probly afternoon on arrival that morning, subsequently onward to Salzburg by train, do both Sound of Music and probably city/Mozart tour. Now, try a car service travel to Prague. This where it becomes a little difficult, trying to decide which of various companies to use ( consider a "scenic" type travel with Mike's Chauffeur service or with prague-taxi,123 (Martin Stich's agency), or czech-transport, or discoverczech.com. One of these can stop at Cesky Krumlov (now I can't remember which one). Similarly, initially was to fly from Prague to Budapest, possibly this car transport service can be more useful. I really need to book airfare withing a week or so. Once all this is more together, I'll buy Mr. Tower's book and read it . Thank you for your sriousness. Now I am trying to resolve these car services and their quality. Sincerely, Jack Glasser
Mar 29th, 2009, 06:16 PM

We used Mike's Chauffeur service last June and were quite happy. On time, efficient, comfortable. We used it roundtrip from Prague to Cesky Krumlov.
Mar 29th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. Was there any sight-seeing along the trip. Also can one walk around the town and get a good feel in one to two hours since Cesky Krumlov would be and added stop. Jack
Mar 29th, 2009, 08:46 PM

Jack:

Thanks for responding...I'm sure you understand what everyone is saying. Good luck on your trip..it'll be a very rewarding one, I'm sure.

Stu Tower
Mar 30th, 2009, 02:45 AM

Jack - we did not do any sightseeing along the driver from Prague to CK, altho the driver asked if we wanted to stop for a drink or something for the kids. I really don't think there was anything to stop and see. But I think you can arrange whatever you want.

As for CK, If you don't plan on officially touring the castle (which I found quite interesting), then probably 2 hours is sufficient. That gets you thru the town area and the public areas of the castle. It's a beautiful little town. We really enjoyed it.
Mar 30th, 2009, 03:44 AM

Hi Jack; Your response provided much 'insight' on your trip; so it was a lovely. We do form 'bonds' in this forum, as I with Stu, yk and others. iris1745/dick