Search

ryanair

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 01:09 PM
PDv28

ryanair

After seeing the special for 12 pounds each way (rt) for travel from September 1 - 30, I am intrigued. I don't leave until November, however, and can't take advantage of this offer. Does anyone out there know if these offers are very regular? Will there be these similar cheap deals 12-32 pounds during November? (any predictions from past experience??) <BR> <BR>Also, would love to hear how you liked flying ryanair? Any problems? I realize the airports they fly to are rather in the middle of nowhere. What were your experiences like? Anyone? Pretty please? <BR> <BR>Thanks! <BR>Patricia <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 01:36 PM
Kavey

Hi Pat <BR> <BR>I would imagine they will not reapeat the deal so soon after the current promo... <BR> <BR>However other budget airlines do similar promos from time to time so when you are travelling check out the lot of them, easyJet, ryanair, buzz etc and see what you can find... <BR> <BR>Good luck <BR> <BR>Kavey <BR> <BR>PS Also keep an eye out in UK papers, easyJet sometimes publish passwords which can get you extra money off flights booked on the internet.

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 03:00 PM
PDv28

Thank you Kavey for the tidbit! I will keep my eyes peeled in the UK papers!! <BR> <BR>Thanks again! <BR>Patricia

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 03:43 PM
Cathy

Folks, <BR>Good news <BR>Ryanair does tend to repeat these special offers - on average about every 2 to 3 months there are specials. However Ryanair in the words of its Chief Executive during a recent interview about consumer unhappiness re delivery of bags etc They are "a no-frills airline and you get what you pay for" But hands off to Ryanair they have forced the other major carriers into offering reasonable air fares, <BR> <BR>Cathy

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 05:41 PM
PDv28

That is great to hear Cathy! I will keep checking back with ryanair over time. Who knows what will happen?! <BR> <BR>Thanks again! <BR>Patricia

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 05:43 PM
PDv28

Oh, I forgot to ask, if anyone out there has thrown away the second leg of their (rt) ticket? I believe that it is cheaper to buy (rt) but I may not be able to use the 2nd leg. Does ryanair frown on this sort of thing? <BR> <BR>Thanks again! <BR>Patricia

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 06:08 PM
steve

I flew ryanair round trip from London (Gatwick) to Dublin last spring for 4 pounds (plus tax of about 20 pounds) <BR> <BR>I found the fare on their website. It was only available certain days - the day before both legs the fare was about 30 pounds

Old Aug 29th, 2000, 06:20 AM
Beth Anderson

4 POUNDS !!??!! <BR> <BR>that's insane! wow. <BR> <BR>I am planning on coming over to London in a few weeks, and maybe from there go to Rome.... <BR> <BR>how much advance notice/purchase time do these sorts of things require? I haven't even gotten my LONDON ticket and I am thinking about going over in two weeks (sad I know!) <BR> <BR>thanks <BR> <BR>Beth