Ryan Air from Eindhoven

Search

Ryan Air from Eindhoven

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryan Air from Eindhoven

Now I am getting really worried! Have been following the thread on Ryan Air. I have booked a flight to Rome in September with Ryan Air. I will have to catch either the bus or train from Amsterdam. The plane leaves at 2.30 so we will need to be there at least an hour before it leaves because we don't know how to get to check-in. I can't seem to get a timetable to show on the nl train site and don't know anything about the buses. What should I do?
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 02:33 AM

Check out the following link:

http://www.eindhovenairport.com/inde...content_id=183

It seems that you can take an express bus from Amsterdam to the Eindhoven airport, or you can take the train from Amsterdam to the Eindhoven train station and then the bus to the Eindhoven airport.

Give yourself plenty of time, because when RyanAir says that they'll close the check in desk 40 minutes before departure, they really do mean it.

Good luck.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 04:59 AM

Excellent information on the link above (mindylt1). The direct bus seems a good idea (although a bit pricey).

For general information on all public transport in the Netherlands, check out: www.9292ov.nl

It is in Dutch, but I think it is understandible for non-dutch-speakers. If you have got the address of the airport, you can work out your way through trains and busses.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 06:45 AM

Personally I'd get the train and bus rather than the express bus - the A2 motorway can be a real stinker, and you don't want to be sat in a jam fretting about getting to the airport in time.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Original Poster

Dear M, I have found the Eindhoven airport site, it only talks about travel from Eindhoven to Amsterdam, do you think is works the otherway as well, I can't find any information on that.

Tommie I think I must be a bit thick or panic stricken, I can't make any sense of the Dutch site.

any other suggestions. Sorry!
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 04:21 PM

patriciaf -

Right from the page that mindylt1 linked to:

"(€ 18,50 one way)

Our express bus service offers you the possibility to travel non-stop from Eindhoven Airport to the very heart of Amsterdam! The bus leaves several time a day to Amsterdam Central Station (bus STOP at Canal Boat Holland Internationa, just across CS) in about 90 minutes."

And on that page, there's another link to a timetable with Dutch and English.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 04:22 PM

What I mean is that the bus goes between Eindhoven airport and Amsterdam Centraal. And that timetable has departure time from Amsterdam Centraal.

It wouldn't make sense for the return trip to depart from somewhere else, right?
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks RK I have finally got it! I didn't see the links on the page they are very pale on my computer screen.

I will make sure I am there a couple of hours before the flight leaves I think, just to be safe.

Thanks again.

P
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 05:54 AM

Which train do you take from Amsterdam Centraal to Eindhoven? Also, are there taxis readily available from the train station in Eindhoven to the airport?

Thanks!