Running around Europe

Search

Running around Europe

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running around Europe

Read about this on another site... But this kid has written some relatively short passages on a variety of european and asian cities he's visited in the last year. It gives you a couple of good pics as well as what to check out if you are only there for a short amount of time. Figured I would pass it along!

http://findfilar.blogspot.com
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 09:45 AM

Thanks for posting.

His USAirways "experience" was really mature.
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 07:09 AM

Ha! I read this yesterday for a bit... I myself have no experience with US Air, but hey, probably a bad day. Other than that I like the titles to the "Europe" entries.

Sounds like fun!
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 10:28 AM

Its alway good to see younger travelers get really excited about the opportunities they are given. After reading I would really like to get back to France and check out Montpellier.

Has anyone else been there?
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 10:45 AM

Ahhhhh, Montpellier. I had the wonderful good fortune of choosing to study French there for a semester in college. It was up there among the best experiences of my life! Montpellier really is a gorgeous little city, just as filar describes. Not a major tourist destination, but a vibrant university town with plenty of opportunities to stroll, people-watch, and just sit and enjoy an espresso!
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 06:56 AM

I too have never been to Montpellier, but I have recently gone to Monaco and I thought Filar's assessment was pretty amusing. It is gaudy, but thats really why it is fun to go there.

Do alot of posters on this board keep journals like this?
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:13 AM

db... i've wanted to that for sometime, I have read a couple different ones, but have never committed myself!

Planning on heading to Asia (Hong kong in particular) so maybe I will start then.
Old May 28th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Original Poster

ilmwill... sorry but this isnt my blog. I found it on through blogger.com and decided to link it to my site http://travelingpeople.blogspot.com
Old May 28th, 2007, 12:26 PM

We had a nasty flight attendant on the US Air flight from Paris (she was American, and rude, rude, rude!) Food wasn't great either way, but she was bad enough where I wrote to the company. I received a form letter in the mail, with a voucher in another guests name.

I am flying Continental more domestically now, and will go with Virgin or BA overseas.

That said - US Air did have good TV sets. Unlike many other airlines, you can pause and restart movies. If you don't like one, you can watch a different film without having to wait for it to start over again.