Royal Hotel in Paris

Search

Royal Hotel in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2003, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royal Hotel in Paris

Anyone know of or have any opinions about the Royal Hotel in Paris? It's a four-star hotel and near the Arc de Triumph. Its operated by "Hotels and Residence du Roy(HR)". Thanks.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 11:41 AM

messedup,<BR>It's indeed a four-star hotel with some 58 rooms on Avenue Friedland, 8th arr.<BR>Singles 250-260 E<BR>Doubles 320-340 E<BR>Triples 380-400 E<BR>Suites 430-450 E<BR>Breakfast 20 E<BR>Prices indicated for 2002.<BR><BR>www.royal-hotel.com/rh<BR><BR>I don't think, the hotel has been discussed so far on this board. <BR>Most fodorites enquire about 2 or 3 star hotels in different locations (4th, 5th, 6th and 7th arr.).<BR><BR>For that price, it should be a nice hotel. As for the location, it wouldn't be my favourite one, sorry.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Why is the location not your favorite?
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 11:53 AM

Because I am not a fan of the Champs-Elys&eacute;es and its immediate neighbourhood.<BR>It's as simple as that.<BR>But then, I am somewhat special, when it comes to Paris. I hardly stay or go where all the others go and stay. ;o)
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 11:54 AM

location not my favorite either.<BR>I prefer staying in the 1st or 6th or 4th. I don't find the Champs to be either charming or particularly convenient for my purposes.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 12:04 PM
lynlor

The Champs may not be charming to some people, but the French are sure proud of that Avenue. <BR><BR>I think it is rather &quot;regal&quot; when it is devoid of people and you can look up and down the Avenue from the Place de Concord to the Etoile.

Old Mar 17th, 2003, 12:06 PM

Messedup,<BR><BR>My office used to be a block away from the Royal. It looked nice, quite discreet, from the outside. Can't help with the rooms though - we put our guests up in a different place.<BR><BR>I also would strongly recommend another location as there is very little &quot;neigbourhood life&quot; there after office hours and unless you enjoy the crowds, fast food places and chain stores on the Champs-Elysees, you will be taking the metro to almost everywhere (at least the Etoile stop is quite near though).<BR><BR>Aside from the Marais (4th) and Rive Gauche (6th, 7th and central parts of the 5th), I also find the area around the Madeleine to be quite pleasant and convenient, especially for tourists. <BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR>Andre
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 12:08 PM

Sure, lynlor. But as Elaine mentioned, it's not terribly convenient as a location.<BR>That doesn't mean you shouldn't go for a stroll on the Champs, especially, if you are a first timer.<BR>PS: Personally, I like the view from the top of La Grande Arche all the way down.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 03:12 PM

I did a web search to see about any reviews. I found one on tripadvisor.com that was mostly positive (ratings of 4 out of possible five) but said the room was small relative to the price. However, I came across a website cheap-web-hotels.com that had a rate of 159 euros in early April for this hotel which sounds like a bargain to me. If you can get that kind of deal, I'd go for it. At the prices Ursula indicated there are much better choices. <BR>
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 05:37 PM

I've stayed at the Royal. Very nice rooms, pleasant service as I recall. I do like the area although it is rather commercial. Small very clean and up to date, it was about 5 years ago. It is very close to the Arc de Triumph so good for the airport bus etc.<BR>I bit expensive for what you get. I stayed there on business.