Rough itinerary

Aug 15th, 2019, 06:36 PM
Original Poster

Rough itinerary

Here's a rough summary of our 6 week Scotland itinerary. I've just listed the # of nights we'll stay in each town, doing driving loops to see the areas.
I don't want to add another place to stay, but have another 3 nights to play with if it seems like a good idea to spend more time in a place I've already chosen.
Edinburgh 4, Dundee 5, Aberdeen 3, Orkney 4, Gairloch (NW) 3, Isle of Skye 4, Aviemore (Cairngorms) 4, Callandar (Trossachs) 4, Dumfries (SW) 3, Galashiel (Borders) 3, Glasgow 3.
Thanks for any suggestions!
Aug 16th, 2019, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

janis, I don't know why you bothered to link to my other threads, which will just muddy the waters.
This is my most current itinerary and I especially looking for information about where to add more time.
Aug 16th, 2019, 09:50 AM

As someone who has been following your other threads, I think that you have been given advice that you are not taking. That's okay, but when you keep asking the same questions, board participants may need to know what you have already heard.
Aug 16th, 2019, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by abram View Post
janis, I don't know why you bothered to link to my other threads, which will just muddy the waters.
This is my most current itinerary and I especially looking for information about where to add more time.
​​​​​​​was just trying to be helpful - so others that may want to help can see how you got to where you are. So they don't need to reinvent the wheel so to speak. It always helps to have some of be background . . .
Aug 16th, 2019, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

janis you are wrong that I did not take other people's advice. I guess that reading my previous posts didn't help you realize that I changed Dundee for St Andrews and removed Fyvie--both as other posters had recommended. It's distressing that you seem to want to nitpick at me, rather than making any suggestions on this thread. I worry that will discourage others from helping me.
I'd love it if people would help me figure out where to add additional time to the stays I've lsited.
Aug 16th, 2019, 10:49 AM

Whoa - I didn't post that. I just posted the links to your earlier threads, then explained why when you asked why I did that.

I didn't nitpick anything
Aug 16th, 2019, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

janis, I apologize for any of my comments that were relevant to other posters' comments and not yours. It was wrong of me not to be careful about who said what. VERY sorry.

eastenderusvi, I did take the advice of other posters; this itinerary reflects some of those those changes.