Reload this Page >

Rothenberg Christmas Ornaments

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Ronda

While in Riquewihr, France I was in a fantastic Christmas store that was packed with people. Found some great little painted metal ornaments in all different characters and especially liked the angels. There was a sticker on the back of each that said Rothenberg. The store was packed and since we were with other people and did not want to make everyone wait, I did not buy them. We were to go to Rothenberg and thought I could buy them there but unfortunately, we didn't make it to Rothenberg and I never saw these ornaments in another store. Anyone have an idea where I might find them in the US or on the internet?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Michelle

Dear Ronda:<BR>You may want to try Kathe Wohlfahrt, the big Christmas store based in Rothenburg. I bought some things there several years back and now get their cataloge each year. <BR><BR>www.wohlfahrt.com

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Betsy

I think the store in Rothenburg that you are looking for is Kathe Wohlfahrt. Here's the URL:http://www.wohlfahrt.de/about.asp<BR><BR>There's also branch shop in Minnesota:<BR>http://www.wohlfahrt.de/geschaefte/geschaeft_e.asp?id=168<BR><BR>Maybe you could phone or e-mail one or both to find your angels.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 05:17 PM
Ronda

Thank You!!! I will definitely check out the web sites. That is so amazing!

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Michelle

Ronda:<BR><BR>My catalog also has a toll free number:<BR> 800-227-3515<BR><BR>Good Luck,<BR>Michelle

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 09:01 AM
Ronda

Thanks again! <BR><BR>Have you been in their store in Riquewihr? It is unbelievable. You walk in the door thinking you are entering a small shop only to discover that you are merely on the mezzanine overlooking the shop below(I'm not sure if that is the correct term but conjurs up the image I want such as a mezzanine in a large department store overlooking the first floor). <BR><BR>It is one way in and one way out so if you enter, you are stuck. You walk around the mezzanine and then down the stairs. The ornaments, decorations, wood carvings, linens are all so exquisite. Items are arranged in beautiful Christmas displays. Then it's back up the stairs to the cash register and out the door.