ROSA DI VENEZIA -EURORES.COM

Mar 30th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

ROSA DI VENEZIA -EURORES.COM

Have booked Rosa Di Venezia apt. in Venice
through company called www.eurores.com
Anyone used this site as the apt rental came up at 120Euro per night for May but on other
sites it is around 160Euro?
Mar 30th, 2006, 10:44 AM

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34780100

Here is your other post on this topic, to which I responded.

To find your own posts, once you've logged in here, click on your name near the upper left corner of the screen.
Mar 30th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Lesli. I appreciated the site you gave me. My only concern was now not the apt (I realize I have a great one!) but the site I booked it on. It's so much less expensive than most. Just a concern.
Mar 30th, 2006, 11:11 AM

Sorry, I'd missed that part of your post.

Is eurores actually cheaper than booking direct? http://www.rosadivenezia.com/en/index.htm

You could try a text search for the booking service both here and on slowtrav.com
Mar 31st, 2006, 06:47 AM

Hello sedge, being the one who always recommends the Rosa di Venezia apartment, I'm VERY curious and VERY skeptical about that eurores offer... La Rosa di Venezia for 120 Euros? Can hardly believe it. I always paid 160 Euros per night there, and somewhat less for longer stays. Frankly, I'd be VERY surprised if you could really book through eurores - as far as I know, the owner refuses to work with ANY agency and handles ALL the reservations exclusively himself. At least, he told me so when I wanted to bring him into contact with a very good US travel agency about two years ago. La Rosa di Venezia is his own private vacation refuge, and he said he preferred to make all the contacts with his prospective guests himself! So why don't you simply make a direct inquiry with the Rosa di Venezia owner about your reservation? www.rosadivenezia.com, click "prices and reservations", there you'll find an email link.
Sorry, but having a rather good knowledge of this place, it hardly seems credible for me that "eurores" is making a serious offer in this case...
And don't fail to tell us, cause if this happens to be true, I'd make my future Rosa di Venezia bookings through eurores, too...
Mar 31st, 2006, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Franco: Thanks for your input. I have e-mailed rosadivenezia myself now and will let you know their answer. There are other sites that also advertise this apartment as well but I am checking direct to make sure my res. is secure.
Apr 12th, 2006, 01:18 PM

Probably I can solve your concerns: I'm Rossana Spampinato and I manage various apartments to tourist use in Venice. Partially, I manage also "La Rosa di Venezia". In website www.eurores.com I added some of my apartments.In one of my pages there was a mistake: the apartment description corresponded at "La Rosa di Venezia" description, but the price was of Ca Anna apartment. The reservation is made meantime I was waiting from Eurores company the correction of the page. Therefore, apartment La Rosa di Venezia has always maintained the price of 160 euro per night. Thank you to accept my apologies for the damages caused to you and to the owners of the apartment.
Apr 23rd, 2006, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

This message is specifically for Franco who gave me information that certainly led to many things. With regards to ROSA DI VENEZIA, I have spoken with the owner Robert and he certainly was unaware that www.eurores.com was advertising his property without his permission. Because of your e-mail Franco, I was able to not only solve my problem but Robert was able to go as far as threaten legal action against eurores.com to have them take his apartment off of their site. Robert is a very honest and good business man and eurores.com was certainly going to affect his reputation. We of course got caught in the middle but would have arrived in Venice thinking we had booked Rosa Di Venezia but in fact had not. We were in another apartment in a different area of the city. Can you imagine our disappointment as well as confusion on arrival??
Anyhow, due to unexpected emergency surgery we had to cancel our April trip
(we were to leave today) but we have rebooked for September and Robert has been able to offer his apartment to us for our new dates. We are thrilled and very much looking forward to our stay. We are very confident about our reservation as we have been in direct contact with Robert and would suggest to anyone, never - ever book anything through eurores.com.

Thank you again Franco for your info and helping us solve what could have been a disaster for both us and Robert down the line. If you get a chance, do e-mail Robert and let him know you saw this reply and it is you who helped me to solve this situation. He is anxious to know his reputation is intact and that his lovely apartment in Venice is only available through his personal web site as you mentioned in the beginning.
www.rosadivenezia.com.
I trust all others considering Venice, to contact Robert direct. The apartment is amazing and I look forward to my stay.

Best regards,
Apr 23rd, 2006, 11:27 AM
Neopolitan

So I'm confused. Does the Rosanna who posted above really "manage" Rosa de Venezia for the owners, or was all that post a sham? How does one "accidentally" include the wrong name and description on a website, by the way?

Apr 24th, 2006, 04:10 AM

sedge: end is well, all is well, isn't it? I'm glad to have helped, and I guess we should all thank Fodor's for running this great forum, which makes useful exchange like this possible.

Neopolitan, I didn't understand her posting very well, either, but at least I can tell that Rossana Spampinato is no sham - she is real. She is the one who welcomes the guests at Rosa di Venezia, hands out the keys and provides assistance during your stay as well (the owner doesn't live in Venice), that's why I know her; so it's true that she is "partially managing" the apartment. To me, she has been very nice and helpful . Maybe you should ask her at her email address what she really has to do with the Eurores problem. I'll do so when visiting the apartment (and thus necessarily meeting her) next time... unfortunately, don't know yet when it's going to happen!
Jun 1st, 2006, 04:34 PM

Bookmark