Search

room types

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
room types

While looking for B & B's in Ireland, I am running across en suite--what does this mean?

I need to find accomodations for 6 people.

Thanks for your help.

pat
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 05:23 PM

'En suite' means you have a private bath attached to your room...rather than a shared bath down the hall.
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 05:29 PM

En suite = Private Bathroom WITHIN the Bedroom.

As opposed to: 'PRIVATE BATH' ("down the hall&quot, or 'SHARED BATH' (down the hall AND used by OTHER guests, as well).
There are 'Family Rooms' which might sleep up to four, but I've seen none that sleep six (not sure if that's what you're asking).
FYI -- A 'DOUBLE' is a queen size (approx).
Hope this helps.
Bob
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all you are the best
pat
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 05:47 PM

Bob mentioned that some family rooms sleep four. Finding those is a challenge. I've found a couple of places in Galway that have them (one double bed and two singles). But it seems to be much more common to find places that have at least one room that sleeps three (one double bed and one single).

Here in the US, rooms with two double beds or two queen size beds are common everywhere. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why they're pretty much impossible to find in Ireland? Even the hotels I've checked don't seem to have them.
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 03:28 AM

They are pretty much unknown in UK and Ireland (and the rest of Europe too I would guess). I think we only put adult couples in double beds. The thought of two couples sharing one room is a bit weird. And we think kids deserve a bed of their own rather than sharing a double with another kid (also a bit weird). What do you do when they get too old to do that? What if you have a teenage girl and a teenage boy? do you force them to share a bed? sounds all a bit peculiar to me!
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 03:45 AM

I have found quite a few places that sleep four in one room...a couple even said they could accomodate 6..as we are traveling with 6.

But, we want our 4 teens in one room and we will be in another.

If you are staying in the Skibbereen area...Grove House cottages rents cottages for 6-7 people at nightly rates of 140 Euros...you can get breakfast at their B and B for 7,5 Euros extra per person...and, it then equals to a regular B and B price but staying in a roomy cottage.

They are beautiful.