Search

Ronda to Tarifa

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2023, 07:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ronda to Tarifa

My friend and I need to catch the ferry to Tangier Friday 14 April after two nights in Ronda. Ideally we prefer to catch the 1:00pm ferry but can't find anyway of getting to Algeciras and then onto to Tarifa except the 11:08am train from Ronda which of course makes it impossible to catch the early ferry. I would appreciate any advice, options of buses, frequency of the free bus from Algeciras, shuttles? Any suggestions. Also is it best to have the ferry/train/bus tickets booked before we get there or is it safe to just wing it??
Old Feb 25th, 2023, 11:40 AM

Have you considered taking a ferry from Algeciras to Tangier? I think that may be a possibility.
Old Feb 25th, 2023, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for that suggestion KTtravel. Yes, I had thought of departing from Algeciras but for some reason I went off the idea. Perhaps I will consider that option again. Ideally I would like to be able to find a way out of Ronda earlier in the day. Are you able to advise if we should pre-arrange our ferry ticket in advance?
Old Feb 26th, 2023, 06:19 PM

littleboots, I am sorry not to know too much about the ferries but I did see one website that mentioned fares increase the closer it gets to the date of departure. I do not know if that is true or not.
Old Feb 28th, 2023, 03:31 AM

There is no solution, neither by bus via Jerez, Dos Hermanas, Sevilla, Jerez, Puerto Real or Marbella, nor by train and bus via Malaga.
The cheapest way might be to go by taxi to Marbella in order to catch there the 8.56 bus to Algeciras where you would have to change for Tarifa ar 11.30.
IMO the best solutions would be either a ferry from Algeciras to Tanger Med or a night at Algeciras (there is a good hotel almost in front of the bus and railway station). There are 2 conveniant Ronda - Algeciras trains the evening before.
BTW: if your final destination is not Tanger, you may also travel via Ceuta - Tetouan. The latter is much nicer than Tanger.

Last edited by neckervd; Feb 28th, 2023 at 03:34 AM.
Old Mar 2nd, 2023, 09:03 AM

BTW: Why can't you take the 5pm ferry? Casablanca bound trains leave Tanger every hr until 9pm