Search

Ronda Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 1999, 01:37 AM
Anthony

Ronda Hotels

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Ronda?

Old Aug 12th, 1999, 04:44 AM
Maribel

Yes, Anthony, I can recommend three: <BR>the stunning new Parador built at the top of the gorge with pool and impressive views (www.parador.es), the small Don Miguel, which has some rooms with balconies overlooking the gorge <BR>(tel: 95 287 77 22, fax: 95 287 83 77), and the Posada Real, opened in '94, which is a restored 16th century mansion with beautiful decor and lots of charm in the Arab quarter (tel: 95 2877176, fax: 95 2878370). I'm not that fond of the aging Reina Victoria, although it does have a gorgeous setting. I believe it needs some restoring to be able to compete with the newcomers. Hope this helps!

Old Aug 23rd, 1999, 10:22 AM
susie

We stayed at the hotel Polo which was more than adequate. It depends on you standards and expectations.

Old Aug 23rd, 1999, 12:37 PM
Maria

Anthony, <BR>We have stayed at the Don Miguel which had a fabulous view (same as the parador but opposite side of the gorge is my recollection). The Don Miguel was definitely no frills compared to the parador but clean, safe and comfortable with an off-street parking garage. Yhe parador is definitely fancier...it's up to you! Maria

Old Aug 23rd, 1999, 12:38 PM
Maria

Anthony, <BR>We have stayed at the Don Miguel which had a fabulous view (same as the parador but opposite side of the gorge is my recollection). The Don Miguel was definitely no frills compared to the parador but clean, safe and comfortable with an off-street parking garage. Yhe parador is definitely fancier...it's up to you! Maria

Old Aug 23rd, 1999, 12:58 PM
Brian in Atlanta

Maria, if the Don Miguel is on the opposite side of the gorge as the parador, is this the right or wrong side to be on to tour the town on foot? Or does it matter? And am I correct to assume that "no frills" does not exclude a private bath? Thanks.

Old Aug 23rd, 1999, 05:31 PM
maria

Brian, I am afraid that my dyslexia is not helping but the answer to your question is that both the Don Miguel and the Parador face the gorge and are either on the same or opposite sides of the Puente Nuevo (the New Bridge built in the 18th century, not to be confused with the much older Arab Bridge and Roman Bridge). In either case they are extremely close to eachother and the Old Town is on one side of the bridge and the new Town on the other. All imminently walkable from either location. Make sure you walk along the beautiful terraced gardens along the gorge and enjoy fabulous views all the way down. The Don Miguel definitely included a private bath....Maria