Rome - transportation from airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know the transportation options from the Rome airport (Fiumicino) to downtown. Of course there is taxi, but what about prices and times of buses and trains.

Thanks.
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 01:18 PM

..there is a train which runs from the airport to the train station in central rome..very frequent, cheap and convenient..also prevents frayed nerves caused by italian drivers! the train station in rome connects with subway.
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 01:18 PM
ira

Hi erik,

The Leonardo daVinci express runs from FCO to Roma TE on the :07 and the :37. 1/2 hr trip. 9.5E
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 01:24 PM

The train- easy and cheap- luggage is a bitch though
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 02:56 PM

The company, Airport Connection. I have used them in the past and will use them again for my trip this May.

The Limo service for 1 or 2 persons:Mercedes E Class is 39 Euros.

http://www.airportconnection.it/limousenprice.htm

Or they have a Shuttle service which is 25 Euros for 1 or 2 people but you will share with others.

http://www.airportconnection.it/ShuttleServicetesto.htm

I have 4 persons in my group and we are getting a mini van. For all of us it's 52 euros

Have fun in Rome.
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 08:46 PM

Hi. The train is easy to get to. Just follow the Italians. I don't know what brando's problem was with luggage. My husband & I (both in our 60s) had no trouble at all. When you enter the train, there is a luggage rack in the compartment. If you're uncomfortable with that, you can stow it overhead. Perhaps the luggage compartment was full and brando's luggage was heavy. That would be a problem. You know your luggage and your strength.

The train is cheap, fast and easy. That's a pretty good recommendation.
Old Apr 10th, 2004, 07:15 AM

I've taken the train in the past and there was a luggage compartment. But last month both cars I was in (arriving & departing) had no luggage compartment.
The luggage compartment was a glassed-in booth without seats but this time the booths had seats in them.
Mostly everyone's luggage was in the aisle or at the ends of the car.
The train has it's advantages but for *2* people with luggage who then require a taxi from Termini it's a hassle IMO and not worth the savings esp after an International flight.
The train, 2 pieces of luggage in the trunk and the initial charge and you are up to ~24/25e even before the taxi moves.
And the time, say 10mins from Arrivals to buying your tickets to the platform. Then it's between 0-30mins before the train leaves, then a 32min journey, then a 10min walk to the taxi queue & wait (although it is better to just grab a taxi at the side entrance taxi stand) and then the ride to the hotel. Regards, Walter