Search

Rome Tram 8 - from Stazione Trastevere to (near) Largo Torre Argentina

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2023, 04:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Tram 8 - from Stazione Trastevere to (near) Largo Torre Argentina

Hello...

In the past to get to our accommodations in the Jewish Quarter (or near Lgo Argentina) from FCO, we have taken tram 8 from Stazione Trastevere. We have had to leave the station area to catch the tram -- on the wide street that becomes Viale Arenula -- can't remember its name. However, Google Maps shows a tram 8 stop actually in the station area...and both satellite and street view show tram tracks circling where the buses are.

My question: Does the tram 8 really stop in the station area? Is this something new...or is it something really old that no longer exists?

Thanks.
ssander
Old Oct 3rd, 2023, 06:41 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
There are tracks there, but I'm not sure they are used. If you search your route on ATAC it seems to show the stop out on the street. I think you have to catch it where Circonvallazione Gianicolense turns into Viale di Trastevere.

Old Oct 3rd, 2023, 08:14 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
The wide street where the tram runs north through Trastevere, then across the river is Viale di Trastevere. I remember I was confused about just where the tram stop near Stazione di Trastevere was, whether at the top of the station circle on the right or left of there on the main street. I'm quite sure it was on the main street, Circonvalazione Gianicolense, just before it merges into Viale di Trastevere, so out of the station north on the left side of the circle then a few steps to the left to the main drag where you'll see the tram stop. There were friendly people that pointed me to the correct location & that will be true for you, so just ask to be sure.

Old Oct 4th, 2023, 01:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Kybourbon and MmePerdu...that's what I thought based on what I've had to do my last trips to Rome...just checking because Google Maps showed stops in the station area...thought maybe it had changed, since it has been five years ago I was last there.
ss