Search

Rome Train Info

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 08:04 AM
nancy

Rome Train Info

I am considering catching a train from the airport in Rome (FCO) to Rome Termini...then train from Termini to Naples. Is it best to get these train tickets before I arrive (by travel agent or internet) or should I chance it and buy a ticket when I arrvive at the airpoirt (Monday 8:45 am)? Thank you for your response!!!!

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 05:40 PM
Rex

Buy when you get there.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 05:43 PM
db

Buy there they are much cheaper than buying here.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Anna

My husband and I did this just a few weeks ago. We bought our tickets for the Rome to Naples leg at the airport when we got our ticket for the train to the Termini. No lines and no waiting, it worked out great.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Sherry

Buy the tickets when you arrive in Rome. I would do it at the station in FCO. Buy ticket to Termini and Naples at the same time.<BR>Be aware that you may not be able to take the first train from Termini after your arrival. It depends on the amount of seats sold.<BR>For example, we arrived at Termini in enough time to actually take the 10:00 train to Florence, but it was packed and we had to settle for the 10:30.<BR>I am talking about first class Eurostar tickets with reserved seats.<BR>You would probably be able to buy a second class ticket, but would you want to take a chance on it being oversold and have to stand the whole time?<BR>You could take the fast IC train first class with a specific seat to save a little, if you wanted.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Maurice

Train schedules in Rome should be treated as suggestions, not fact. (I have a photo of this on the station board - Naples train schedule time 8:30, actual time 10:15). Think of the trains as North American airlines, and you won't go wrong...<BR>Buy the ticket when you arrive. But don't cut it too close. Recognise that when an agent decides it's time for a break, he goes. I have waited 45 minutes for a ticket; the crowd was sufficiently annoyed, they actually yelled collectively at a pair who tried to butt in...<BR>Know what train you want, if necessary write it down ahead of time - their English may be "questionable". Ha ha...<BR>About 2 hours to Naples, not counting the 30 minutes standing still on the track outside Naples.