Reload this Page >

Rome to Venice - suggestions???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 05:14 AM
Curious

Will be arriving at Rome's airport at approx 11:35am and have to be in Venice by around 10ish lets say. There is an express Eurostar that leaves at 16:55 and gets in to Venice at 21:27. So that sounds like my best option. <BR> <BR>Heres a few questions: <BR> <BR>How far away is the Rome Termini from the Airport and how does one get there? <BR> <BR>What could I do in the few hours I have in Rome (if anything)? I will be having luggage with me so that is a consideration to keep in mind! Do I just have time to find a nice spot for lunch? Do I have time for anything more? <BR> <BR>Any suggestions from those who have been there before will be appreciated kindly. <BR> <BR>Gracie ! <BR>

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 05:55 AM
richardab

Its easy to get to the Roma Termini from the airport. Just take the airport express train. I think it runs every 30 minutes or so. For links and more info go to my websight and navigate to ROME and click on the INFO button. Have Fun. <BR> <BR>http://home.earthlink.net/~richardab/ <BR> <BR>(you can find more info on either the Ferrovie della Stato or Aeroporti di Roma websights) <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 06:25 AM
Curious

Richard - thanks I checked out your site - you've done an excellent job creating it I found out that you can get the train from the airport and it takes about 30mins to get to Rome Termini. So I figure with getting my luggage, customs and getting to the train etc I should be at the Termini at around 1pm. Makes sense to buy my ticket to Venice right away correct? Rome - Venice - first class or 2nd class? Reserved seat? I really don't like sitting for 5hrs in a really smoky room if I can help it... <BR> <BR>What can I do near the Termini for the few hours I have between my train to Venice? Any suggestions on where to have a leisurely lunch near the station? Is that all I will have time to do basically? <BR> <BR>Anyone? Anywhere? <BR> <BR> Dee

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 06:36 AM
Frank

Curious: If you have never been to Rome, arrange a private sightseeing tour. Have someone pick you up at the airport and take you on several hour whirlwind tour of the major highlights of the city. I'm sure any of the limo services in Rome can handle it, it won't be cheap but it would be a shame to miss it. If on the other hand you have already explored Rome, being bogged down with luggage will really cut down your options, particularly bin the Termini area. I would look for the nearest cafe and indulge in a long and leisurely lunch.

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 05:54 PM
Curious

Frank: Nope never been to Rome or Italy for that matter. Do you think I would have the time to get a private tour from say 12;30 (if they pick me up at the airport) to around 4ish (train departs at 16:55)? <BR> <BR>Anyone have any clue how much a private tour would be? <BR> <BR>As for the train - how far in advance to I need to be at the station before my train leaves? <BR> <BR>Thanks

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 08:31 AM
Topping

TTT