Reload this Page >

Rome, tips please...

Search

Rome, tips please...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 04:49 AM
Frank

Rome, tips please...

Has anyona a good tip for my staying in ROME in August? <BR>Thanks.

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 05:22 AM
Debi

Frank, I'm not sure what kind of advice you're looking for, but we just got back and loved it so much! One thing that I found different is that the restaurants we went to would not let you put your tip on the bill. Maybe that's just some of them, but we made sure we always had smaller bills after that to leave for tips. Just enjoy all the sights - they're all good!!

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 07:02 AM
Ishoo

re:tips To Debbie: I don't understand what you are saying about tips. When I was in Rome in March ALL the restaurants had the 15% already included in the bill. It is called service or table service.

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 07:11 AM
Anna

Be sure to keep your valuables in a money belt worn under your clothes. I have traveled to Rome twice and have never had a problem with pickpockets thanks to my money belt!

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 08:19 AM
pam

Make sure your hotel room has air conditioning.

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 10:49 AM
Debi

In Rome, some restaurants had the service included - but we found that not all of them did. We always asked and checked the bill. So - if we needed to leave a tip - we needed to have cash to do that. I assume it's like all other places - some include it, some don't. We found that about 1/2 the restaurants we went to did not include the service charge.