Rome SleepInItaly

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome SleepInItaly

I have read good reviews here about agency
SleepInItaly, I have e-mailed them twice
about availability this spring, no reply.
There is no telephone number on their site,
any one else have this problem? I have emailed others in Italy and have gotten prompt reply. Their apt listings are the same to choose from as other agencies, but
prices are better on their site.
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 06:25 AM

Try filling out the booking form on their site. What worked well for me.
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 09:39 AM

Tiller - I had a very pleasant experience with SleepInItaly. Here is their phone number;

39 06 3211783 Monday - Friday 10am -6pm (Italy time)

Hope this helps

Tom
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 09:54 AM

Hi Tiller:

I did get a quick response from Sleep In Italy when I made an inquiry but no way to contact anyone after I booked other than a fax number. In terms of where I stayed which was a B & B in Rome, I found the description of the property as sounding lovely but it was our worst lodging over our three weeks in Italy. I would normally say you get what you pay for but there were other sites with comparable pricing that I will choose from now on.

Old Nov 15th, 2005, 11:26 AM

I used SleepInItaly this past June, and I was very pleased with their prompt replies .
We rented an Apt. for five days in Via Delle Carrozze, Piazza di Spagna .The location was great, the apt. was very nice, the only problem was the noise coming from a restaurant below.
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the replies, I have tried emailing again through their website instead of using just their web address. Denise, which apartment did you stay in? You felt the photos and description didn't fit what you found?
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Kismetchimera: I couldn't find the apartment you stayed in with sleepinitaly but there is a Via Della
Purificazione apt near Piazza di Spagna
that looks very nice for 140 euro. I don't think it was the same apt you stayed in? Were you able to walk to the areas you wanted to visit or rely mostly on transportation? Were you happy with the location? Lots of restaurants nearby? Appreciate your
feedback, Thanks!
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 01:13 PM

Tiller, The apt. was in Via Delle Croce, not in Via delle Carrozze, which is a street near by.
This is the web:
http://sleepinitaly.com/files/apt_croce.html.
The apt. was very nice, many restaurants arounds, near the famous Via dei Condotti,the dream street, many famous designers have boutiques there.. walking distance to many major sites, taxi stands near by.
Is almost near Piazza di Spagna..if you look at the apt. map it will give you an idea of the location.
The only thing that I disliked about it, was the noise.I am a very light sleeper.
If you go up to the Spanish Steps, you will find the famous Trinita Dei Monti, there is a road that lead you to the Pincio, a famous lookout point,you can walk from there to Villa Borhese, below the Pincio is Piazza Del Popolo.

It would be fun if you read Angels and Demons before you go to Rome. One of
D. Brown plot is about Piazza del Popolo.

Rome is my city, but my parents, Aunts and Uncles passed away. My brother lives in another city and my sister lives in Provence and I live in Texas.

Let me know if you want some more informations.Ciao,
AnnaMaria
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 06:40 PM

I had booked with them recently for Rome next April. They confirmed, took my deposit and then a month or so later they cancelled my reservation stating that the owner had changed her mind.

It took a bit of persuading to get my deposit back - they were a bit insistent that I rent another of their properties that did not meet any of my requirements. But they did refund it in full.

Not saying they are bad - but just my experience.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 03:35 AM

Hi Tiller:

Sorry for the delay in answering. We stayed in a B & B in Trastevere, the owner's name was Diana Magrini. Guila Amato was the booking agent with Miele e Latte through Sleep In Italy. I attempted several times to contact her because the owner of the B & B did not speak English but only got the fax machine. The sheets were thread bare, the room had the owners winter clothing in the closet so we had little space for our own, no tv, no telephone, the breakfast was meagre, no fresh towels or linens for five days, no soap or shampoo, and we had to pay immediately on checking in. The breakfast room was closed after breakfast and locked so we had nowhere to sit except on the bed. One afternoon we arrived back at the B & B to find the owner's wash hanging outside of our window! Another day we could not get in the premises because the owner had triple locked the doors and went to sleep. I could go on but I think you get the idea.

I did research, but obviously not enough.

Hope this helps,

Denise