Rome Resevation needed?

Sep 24th, 2001, 10:37 PM
DebiC

Rome Resevation needed?

I know I should do a search but you know how that doesnt always work. What besides the Borghese Gallery do you need/should you get reservations for and what is the easiest way to get them?
Thanks for the help!

Sep 24th, 2001, 10:38 PM
DebiC

sorry that should be "reservation" It's getting too late for me here.
Thanks again.
DebiC

Sep 25th, 2001, 06:51 AM
DebiC

anyone? Thanks.
D

Sep 25th, 2001, 07:06 AM
marj

What time of the year? In March we made a reservation the day before for the Borghese Gallery and didn't need reservations for anything else. With all that's going on I would imagine business unfortunately will be down for a while in most tourists places.

Sep 25th, 2001, 08:44 AM
Helen Donegan

A friend of mine wrote a bit about her recent visit to the Villa Borghese Gallery for another forum:

The visit to the Borghese Gallery was really marvellous and I would encourage anyone interested in sculpture and, of course, paintings to go there. You now have to book for some museums, and the Borghese Gallery is one of them. I found that their internet connection wasn't working so I simply phoned them - the number is 06 32810. The visit takes place every two hours - 9, 11 etc and costs L12.000 (lire) plus an extra L.2000 booking fee. They only allow 320 people in at a time, so while you may just turn up and be lucky, it is really worth while booking as it isn't in the historical centre (buses will take you there). We also paid an extra L8.000 each to have a guided tour and were very lucky as in the Italian group there were only 7 people, while in the English speaking group there were about 50 or more people. I would advise you to take the guided tour as the guides can explain the most important pieces of art,as well as filling you in the history of the period, and you don't "waste" time wandering around on your own. You can also hire the audio cassettes to take around with you, but you must remember that you only have two hours and there is such a lot to see, that if you don't gauge your time well, you may be ushered out without seeing the most important pieces.

Maybe it will help you?

Sep 25th, 2001, 09:19 AM
Nancy

DebiC

I got my reservations for Borghese Gallery online, at www.ticketeria.it. I had the reservations confirmed within 2 days.

Sep 25th, 2001, 10:32 AM
DebiC

Thanks everyone. We will be in Rome in Mid October, just a few weeks from now. We are a little nervous but are sure we will be ok. Do you think I will need reservations for anything else? I thought I had read that Nero's house needed reservations. Would I call the same place do you think?