Reload this Page >

Rome recommendations?

Search

Rome recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 11:02 AM
jcarli

Rome recommendations?

I will be honeymooning in Rome in mid-November, can anyone recommend walking tours, restaurants, travel info, etc. Any information will be greatly appreciated. <BR>

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 11:28 AM
Carol

www.scalareale is a wonderful site run by an american scholar living in Rome. All kinds of tours, advice, cultural event listings. You should definitely give it a try.

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 11:37 AM
Beth

Another vote for the walking tours by Scala Reale. We took their Ancient Rome tour, and the Vatican tour and they were great. See my "Back from Italy, had a great trip" for some more details. <BR> <BR>We had our 10th Anniversary dinner at a restaurant called Il Convivio in Rome, not far from the Piazza Navona. It was excellent. Small and intimate, great service, great food. A little pricey, but worth it, in my opinion. <BR> <BR>We stayed at the Hotel Raphael. It was also close to the Navona, in a great location. They serve dinner on the roof top, at least in the summer time. The food was excellent, and it was so nice and quiet up there compared to the rest of the city. I liked the Raphael very much.

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 07:17 PM
cheryl

james-- <BR> <BR>Sending a 3rd vote for Scala Reale--the Vatican tour was wonderful--also, don't miss the Galleria Borghese--Rome is a wonderful city--enjoy! <BR> <BR>best wishes-cheryl

Old Oct 10th, 1999, 06:07 AM
edna

Hi! How do I get in touch with Scala Reale? Is there a web site? We'll be in Rome the 2nd week in December? Thanks! Edna

Old Oct 10th, 1999, 06:08 AM
esna

Duh! I just re-read the messages and found the web site!!!!! Edna