Rome or Tuscany

Feb 7th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

Rome or Tuscany

This is my first visit to Italy (April)- so of course, i can't decide where to go...should I do the Tuscany Region or Rome/Florence areas??? and if i do Rome and Florence, should I go to Venice or any other areas???
Feb 7th, 2007, 01:19 PM

Well, Florence is IN Tuscany.
What are your interests? Countryside? Cities? Museums? Churches? Food? Shopping? Nobody can give you advice without more input.
Feb 7th, 2007, 01:20 PM

Hi Wintergirl. I think you're confused about Italian geography. Florence is in Tuscany. A better question would be "Rome/Amalfi Coast or Florence/Tuscany?" Depending on how long you'll be there, you might want to do it all. How long will you be there? Also, what are your main interests? Do you like cities or countryside or both?
Feb 7th, 2007, 01:20 PM

Florence is in Tuscany

How many days do you have? I do not like to blow through places on my way to somewhere else. Rome and Florence are easily worth a week or more each, IMO, and having been to both many times, I have never gotten over my passion for either.

The "big three" are Rome, Florence and Venice and many do these the first time around.

Feb 7th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Original Poster

i am a little confused...I would defianely like to see many sights, museums, good food and good shopping...would I be able to do both Rome/Amalfi Coast and Florence/Tuscany in 8 days? I am flying from Philadelphia. Any thoughts on a good itinarary?
Feb 7th, 2007, 01:41 PM
ira

Hi W,

I shall unconfuse you.

With 8 days:

Venice and Florence (daytrip to Siena)

Venice and Tuscan countryside.

Florence and Tuscan countryside.

Venice and Rome.

I think that early April is much too early for the AC or the Cinque Terre. End of April is iffy.

Feb 7th, 2007, 06:44 PM

I just want to make sure you realize that Ira is proposing 4 different itineraries.

Another option, assuming that getting out into the countryside is not a priority, is the classic tourist circuit: Venice, Florence, Rome. It's good deal more rushed than what Ira proposes, but it's doable.

I agree that it may be early for the Amalfi Coast in April. However, I've been to Lake Como at that time of year, and it's been terrific. You could substitute one of the cities I mentioned above with that if you want some gorgeous natural scenery.
Feb 8th, 2007, 03:48 AM
ira

Thank you, C.

I should have put in some "or"s.