ROME Leather jacket shop

Search

ROME Leather jacket shop

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ROME Leather jacket shop

When I go to ROME I would like to purchase a leather jacket. Does anyone know a store that can accomodate a plus size woman...size 20
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 07:49 AM

Buy your leather in Florence area or somewhere in Tuscany if possible. The prices are better and the quality is great.
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 07:54 AM

The only plus size store I've heard about in Rome is Marina Rinaldi. There are probably more. Don't know if they would carry leather jackets. I agree that Florence is the place to find leather jackets at better prices.
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 07:56 AM

Hello,

Are you headed anywhere near Florence? I believe it is only a 2-3 hour train ride from Rome. The leather market and shops near the Basilica San Lorenzo are fabulous. Huge selections, reasonable prices (not much is a bargain anymore with the exchange rate), and a lot of variety in sizes. I wear an XXS or a XS and they had several nice jackets in my size. Not as large of a selection as they had in the more popular sizes of S-M-L, but they did have quite a lot. So my hunch would be that they would have a decent selection in your size too
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 07:59 AM

When are you traveling to Rome? The heat can be unbearable in the city this time of year, but you will see lots of stores having sales during July. The other traditional sales period is in January.
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 08:46 AM

I can't give you any specific stores in Rome to buy a leather coat, and I will agree that Florence probably has a much better selection than Rome. that said, I found that leather coats in Europe run really, really small. They love to wear them tight, and the shop owners always say, it's fine it will stretch. I never take that chance. I just bought a coat in Barcelona, and I am an 8 and had to buy an XL for it to fit correctly. In Florence I bought a Large. So, make sure wherever you go, you try it on, and remember you will be wearing it with heavier clothes than you will most likely have on at the time. Have a great time and happy shopping