Rome: ISA Hotel or Genio Hotel?

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 07:00 AM
Julia

Rome: ISA Hotel or Genio Hotel?

Does anyone know them? Vatican or Piazza Navona? First time visitor - wich is the best place to stay, considering location, shops and restaurants? But also quiet and safe.

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 08:24 AM
Judy

Hi Julia, Am going to Rome in 3 weeks and am staying at Hotel Portoghesi...good location, generally good reviews and reasonable rates 155$. I saw Isa Hotel in Gambero Rosso's guidebook, and they gave it 2 keys and a good review(2 keys=very comfortable),,,I think it was not quite where I wanted to be however,,saw Genio in Fodors guidebook and they gave it a good review also,,,,it is right on the entrance to Piazza Navonna...I do not know why I did not stay there, it looks very good,oh well, live and learn, I guess....good luck and have a great trip....Judy

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 11:52 PM
Ian

I'm staying at the Isa on Friday 29th June for one night. If you can wait to 15th July I'll let you know. I have been quoted 350,000 for one night (room for 4). Looks reasonable on the different web sites.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 01:05 AM
Michelle

I stayed at the Hotel Isa two weeks ago and was impressed. Decor was great, it was very clean, had friendly staff, the bathroom was a little on small side but very well planned. You're seconds away from Piazza Cavoure (several restaurants in area - inlcuding my favorite restaurant in Rome), 5 mins walk from Vatican complex, probably less than 10 mins to Spanish Steps and a little more than 10 to Trevi Fountain, Pantheon.

With window open you could hear road noise, but when windows closed noise level was truly non-existent. AC excellent if you choose to use it. Certainly when I return to Rome I'll go back there. Therefore, I would highly recommend Hotel Isa, but I should state that I like walking. If you hate walking maybe location isn't the best.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 07:46 AM
Lori

We stayed at Hotel Genio a few weeks ago. I requested an interior room and it was very quiet - almost too quiet! The rooms were very clean and the bathrooms were particularly nice. It is of course right on a major busline and within walking distance of alot including Piazza Navona, etc. Great little restaurant immediately around the corner. Decent breakfast, friendly staff. Overall I would say we enjoyed our stay there, though nothing particularly great stands out about it either. Hope this helps!