ROME HOTELS NEAR FCO AIRPORT

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY HOTELS NEAR THE FCO AIRPORT IN ROME OTHER THAN THE HILTON?
WE JUST NEED TO STAY ONE NIGHT BEFORE DEPARTING.
MIKEC
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 05:13 PM
rex

Often discussed here - - no one recommends staying near FCO. No point in depriving yourself of six of the best hours in Rome: 7p to 1a.

As well as any city I know, Rooooome will get you to the airport by taxi in the early morning hours painlessly, and affordably. Just ask your hotel to set it up for you. Rush hour traffic can be bad, but you'll zip right there in the pre-dawn.

So what if you are a bit sleep-deprived that last morning in the europe - - you're just gonna sit on a plane for the next however-many, right?

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 05:46 PM

We had a 6:30 am flight and opted to stay at the Hilton. I believe it is the only hotel at the airport & has a shuttle van that drops you off at the terminal. We went out there around 10pm after a great dinner in town - we were staying with friends, not at a big hotel that could arrange a cab at 4am. The room was expensive but it was worth it to avoid the stress of trying to get a cab that early in the morning. If your flight is later in the morning, I would recommend staying in town and taking a cab or car service to the airport in the morning.
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 06:39 PM

Sarah,

We had the same experience, a 6AM flight back to New York and every second counted. We stayed at a little place called Euro Hotel just outside of the little town of Fiumicino. (about 2km outside of the airport) It was easy to take a quick town bus that stopped right where the little convenience store that the hotel runs next to an apartment building. They rent out the apartments mostly to locals doing business in Rome.

It was good because we got a two room apartment with stove and facilities to have a good meal we made ourselves before waking up at 4AM. The hotel manager arranged to take us to the airport, which they do on a regular basis for a small charge. The rate wasn't bad when we booked on line - about 85 euros with two of us in the room. It included breakfast.
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 10:28 PM

Rex, some of us recommend the Hilton on a regular basis. I like the convenience of just walking across the bridge for a very early flight and not having to even think about getting to the airport.

The Hilton also serves a very good buffet breakfast and you can usually get good over night deals on room costs, I have stayed there for about 135$.

Mike, I have stayed at other hotels in the area and there is a Mach Hotel nearby which is very basic, but fine, but you still have to have transportation to the airport.

And you can always stay at the Hilton and take the train back into town or their shuttle for dinner and then come back to your room for early departures.
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 05:01 AM

We stayed at the Hilton and I'm glad we did. We were exhausted from hiking the mountains around Amalfi for days, had left Capri early that morning and had a stressful trip back to Rome bcause of a wildcat railroad strike. Call us dull and un-exciting but we collapsed when we got to the Hilton and slept till morning. It was nice being able to walk to the airport to catch our flight.
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 05:30 AM
ira

Hi Mike,

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Euro Parc Medici. about 110E. They have a shuttle to the airport.
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 07:31 AM

I had no problem arranging an 8:30 am pickup from my hotel to the airport, at 47 euros it was expensive, but I was only spending 50 euros a night at the hotel. Also while outside the vatican i was handed a flyer from a airport taxi service, i would just talk to your hotel desk, and it should not be a problem setting something up.
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 06:41 AM

We will be staying at the Rome Airport Hilton next month and need some info. We are taking an Appian Line tour and need to know how far the Hilton shuttle bus pick up is from Piazza dell Esquilino.

Thanks