Rome Hotel - Easy Access to Airport

Old Feb 5th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Hotel - Easy Access to Airport

We are coming into Rome from Naples, and will need to stay one night in a hotel and then catch a flight out early the next morning. Therefore, we are looking for somewhere that we can get to airport very easily in the morning. Any recommendations on hotels? We would like to stay for no more than $200 USD if possible. I read that there is a Holiday Inn that offers complimentary service to airport, but didn't know if there were any other options. Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 02:16 PM
ira

Hi ky,

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Parc Euro Medici for 110E/night dbl.

They have shuttle service to FCO.

Next time we will stay in Rome. Your hotel can arrange for an early-morning taxi. I think previous posters have said that it is about 40E to FCO.
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 02:57 PM

We are planning to stay at Hotel Cancellirossi near Fiumicino airport on our last night in Rome. It looks pretty decent on their website, they have a shuttle to the airport, and the price seems reasonable - 113E for a double room. Web site is www.cancellirossi.it if you are interested.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 04:00 AM

If you are arriving from Naples in the late afternoon, you might want to stay in Rome for your last night and just get a taxi to the airport early in the morning. If you are getting in around or after 6 or 7 pm, I would probably just stay at the airport. At that late point in the day, by the time you check into your hotel and have dinner, IMO you may not really feel like go sightseeing around Rome at night.

If you want to stay at the airport, there is nice Hilton at the airport with connecting sky bridge to the terminals and you can walk there in about 5 minutes.. You can also take a shuttle if you have a lot of luggage. I think it would be in your budget and the rate generally includes breakfast:

Hilton Rome Airport
Via Arturo Ferrarin, Rome Fiumicino, IT 00050
Tel: 39-06-65258 Fax: 39-06-65256525
Hilton.com
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 08:28 AM
lbt

Ky:

The above hotel suggestions sound good. Whatever you do, do not, I repeat, DO NOT go to the Mach II Hotel near Fumicino Airport. It was recommended to us by a friend (?) who supposedly stays there on many of her trips. We arrived for one night due to an early flight and were shocked. It was a dump. The elevator was broken, you needed coins to operate the TV and the carpeting, bedspread and furniture looked filthy. We had to carry our own luggage to and from our room. The final straw was when we discovered that the hotel's shuttle service to Fumicino wasn't running that morning. We ended up taking a cab to the airport which was only 1.5 miles a way and paying what I felt was a ridiculous amount. But it was sept 18, 2001, and we just wanted to get home.... I wish I had asked for suggestions on this board rather than my ex-friend.

lbt

Old Feb 6th, 2004, 06:17 PM
JET

It may depend on how you are getting from Naples to Rome and what time you get in. If it is by train you may be better off staying at a hotel somewhere near the station then catching the direct train to the airport. Sorry I don't have any hotel suggestions.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 06:29 PM

We will be in Rome this month and have to catch an early morning flight as well. We decided to stay an extra night at our hotel (Notti a Roma near Termini on Via Firenze) and the hotel said they could arrange for a cab to pick us up for about 40Euros early morning. It ended up being cheaper than staying at the Hilton (rates were about 250 a nite when i checked)plus I'd rather spend my last evening in downtown Rome, rather than in a hotel by the airport.