Rome Airport Hotel suggestions

Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Airport Hotel suggestions

I will be staying one night in a hotel near the Leonardo DiVinci (Fiumincini??) airport in Rome the night before my departing flight. I'm looking for any suggestions/recommendations for a reasonably priced hotel near the airport, that might have an airport shuttle.

Any suggestions/recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 07:45 PM
yk

Hi LowCountryIslander-

Here is a recent thread that will answer your question regarding hotels near FCO. Though a lot of people on this board will suggest you to stay in Rome for your last night instead (myself included), unless your plane is really early...

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34472976
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 02:04 AM

I don't know about hotels near airport, but would recommend staying in Rome if time permits. From Rome's Termini train station there is an express airport shuttle train that runs about every 1/2 hour, takes about 30 minutes and costs about 8 euros. Even if you only have an evening in Rome, a dinner and walk at night to see the sights lit up is wonderful. We also took an airport shuttle from our Rome hotel for $27 euros for 3 persons including luggage, need to book the day before (It was a van, we were the only ones in it). Have a great trip!
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 04:44 AM
ira

Hi

We stayed at the Holiday Inn EUR Parc Medici. 110E w/bkfst. shuttle service to FCO.

Next time we will stay in Rome.
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 06:33 AM

We spent our last night in Italy at the Hotel Cancelli Rossi. It is 5 minutes from the airport terminal and has a shuttle service (at 5 euros per person). Breakfast was included in the rate, which was either 113E or 115E, although the restaurant is in it's sister hotel, just across the parking lot.

The hotel was clean, if not fabulous in any way, and we didn't have any trouble getting to the airport on time the next morning. Staying in Rome was not an option, since we had flown in from Catania that evening and traveling into Rome, then out again the next morning, seemed a bit too much. The timing did allow us one fabulous sunset over Mount Etna -- the silver lining.

We were able to avoid dragging all of our bags back and forth to the airport though, by checking our larger bags into a baggage check room at Fiumicino before we caught the shuttle to the Cancelli Rossi. The cost was low and we only had to deal with our prepacked carryons.

It worked out well, but we would have loved one last night in Rome. Alas, you can't have everything.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 06:36 AM

Good morning, have to make a second for the Holiday Inn at Parco di Medidi used it twice in past years and worked out perfectly both times.
Richard of LaGrange Park, IL.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 06:45 AM

There is a Sheraton Four points in Villaggio Azzurro Tre Pini a residential area 15 minutes from the airport. The hotel is new and should be reasonable. It has a shuttle to the airport. From there in another 15-20 minutes you can go to Testaccio in a taxi for a good typical roman dinner.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 07:56 AM
jay

there is a hilton at the airport but it is very expensive. as other people before have said, i would stay in rome and take a cab. it is very fast and not too expensive. 6 people plus baggage for 60e.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 08:01 AM
LJ

This is a third vote for the Holiday Inn option: they have a pretty garden with a nice pool if you find yourself needing a dip after a hot day in Rome as their shuttles also go to the centre of town every hour. No, its not a substitute for actually staying in Rome but not bad if you want a last night experience without the early morning tension.